• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Oxford Project

Cooperman

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Potentially massive news coming out of Oxford University.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53469839

We've all got to keep our fingers crossed for this one. It's looking very positive so far.

Indeed.

Lots of good work going on. There’s this too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53467022

Necessity really is the mother of invention.

Cooperman said:

We've all got to keep our fingers crossed for this one. It's looking very positive so far.
Showing immunogenicity in humans is a positive step. Let’s hope this is protective

Professor said:
Cooperman said:

Showing immunogenicity in humans is a positive step. Let’s hope this is protective

The double whammy of antibody and T cell response seems a positive step. One that various scientists are saying differentiates this vaccine from some other candidates? It will be interesting to see if challenge trials are allowed on this to speed things up,

Londonlisa2001 said:
Professor said:
Cooperman said:

The double whammy of antibody and T cell response seems a positive step. One that various scientists are saying differentiates this vaccine from some other candidates? It will be interesting to see if challenge trials are allowed on this to speed things up,
Very positive. Far more likely to have a prolonged ‘memory’. Much more challenging to get a good T cell response without a live attenuated vaccine like the vector vaccine used by the Oxford group. A former colleague is one of the scientists working on it. She was a technician when I was a post doctoral researcher. She did her PhD part time.

And I should add the government deserve credit for ensuring access to another vaccine too. Credit is due when deserved

Just look after your health and get plenty of sunshine. That’s all you need to beat an over exaggerated virus.

Dgt73 said:
Just look after your health and get plenty of sunshine. That’s all you need to beat an over exaggerated virus.

For individuals then there is a modicum of sense and truth in what you've just said. However on broader scale there is so much untold damage being done in other areas - economic damage leading to poverty leading to deterioration of health levels. The former will only recover at pace once there is a form of treatment or vaccination in place.

Cooperman said:
Dgt73 said:

For individuals then there is a modicum of sense and truth in what you've just said. However on broader scale there is so much untold damage being done in other areas - economic damage leading to poverty leading to deterioration of health levels. The former will only recover at pace once there is a form of treatment or vaccination in place.
Hardly any healthy person has died from the virus, the figures have been fiddled and the likes of the bbc have gone into overdrive to scare people.

When will people realise, just what is going on.
The economic damage will be huge and will continue for years to come.

Dgt73 said:
Cooperman said:
Dgt73 said:

Hardly any healthy person has died from the virus, the figures have been fiddled and the likes of the bbc have gone into overdrive to scare people.

Yes. The ONS,FT and others reckon there are over 65,000 deaths. The way PHE collect data is imprecise. It spent over four months underestimating deaths and now overestimating.

The other issue is as yet we don’t know the longer term effects of infection or any sequelae. Anecdotal evidence suggests the effects are pretty long-term even in
A significant number of young, healthy individuals. A vaccine and the good news of potential efficacy of interferon beta therapy are what is needed.

Professor said:
Dgt73 said:
Cooperman said:

Yes. The ONS,FT and others reckon there are over 65,000 deaths. The way PHE collect data is imprecise. It spent over four months underestimating deaths and now overestimating.

The other issue is as yet we don’t know the longer term effects of infection or any sequelae. Anecdotal evidence suggests the effects are pretty long-term even in
A significant number of young, healthy individuals. A vaccine and the good news of potential efficacy of interferon beta therapy are what is needed.
Bollocks. What’s needed is people to man up and just get on with life......and take 3000 IU of vitamin d3 each day.

Hopefully (but I won’t hold much hope) people will start to look after themselves better, lose weight, stop smoking etc, that would save more lives than this so-called vaccine.

Dgt73 said:
Professor said:
Dgt73 said:

Bollocks. What’s needed is people to man up and just get on with life......and take 3000 IU of vitamin d3 each day.

Hopefully (but I won’t hold much hope) people will start to look after themselves better, lose weight, stop smoking etc, that would save more lives than this so-called vaccine.

It’s not bollocks. I agree that much of what you say is true, but there are millions with other conditions for whom a vaccine is pretty essential. Taking vitamin D is beneficial, especially if lacking in a poor diet, but won’t stop infection. And some younger healthy people still die as a result of infection too. Accept that. Stay healthy

Professor said:
Dgt73 said:
Professor said:

It’s not bollocks. I agree that much of what you say is true, but there are millions with other conditions for whom a vaccine is pretty essential. Taking vitamin D is beneficial, especially if lacking in a poor diet, but won’t stop infection. And some younger healthy people still die as a result of infection too. Accept that. Stay healthy

I never said vitamin d will stop infection, but what it can do is suppress the Cytokine storm that actually kills people with the coronavirus.

Why are a higher percentage of black people dying from the virus ? Because a higher percentage of black people are vitamin d deficient. It’s not rocket science..

Dgt73 said:
Professor said:
Dgt73 said:

I never said vitamin d will stop infection, but what it can do is suppress Cytokine storm that actually kills people with the coronavirus.

Why are a higher percentage of black people dying from the virus ? Because a higher percentage of black people are vitamin d deficient. It’s not rocket science..

Vitamin D does not directly suppress a cytokine storm. It does help with normal TReg cell function- it is predominantly regulatory T cell responses that prevent cytokine storms or indeed regulate any inflammatory response. Poor diet is a likely contributory Factor as the most recent work suggests its poverty rather than race which is the driving force. This seems to align with poverty in black and Asian populations, though i suspect there may be other factors such as genetics. Of course immunosenesence- the loss of immune functions with age, is also a factor.

It’s not rocket science- it’s a combination of immunology and epidemiology.

Professor said:
Dgt73 said:
Professor said:

I never said vitamin d will stop infection, but what it can do is suppress Cytokine storm that actually kills people with the coronavirus.

Vitamin D does not directly suppress a cytokine storm. It does help with normal TReg cell function- it is predominantly regulatory T cell responses that prevent cytokine storms or indeed regulate any inflammatory response. Poor diet is a likely contributory Factor as the most recent work suggests its poverty rather than race which is the driving force. This seems to align with poverty in black and Asian populations, though i suspect there may be other factors such as genetics. Of course immunosenesence- the loss of immune functions with age, is also a factor.

It’s not rocket science- it’s a combination of immunology and epidemiology.
Again more bollocks from you. I didn’t realise the higher percentage of black doctors were living in poverty.

There is plenty of evidence out there that backs up what I’m saying is correct, unfortunately political correctness is rife.

Plus a healthy diet costs less than eating junk food and also not smoking,not taking drugs etc, costs less than smoking, taking drugs etc. So therefore the poverty argument is also a load of bullshite

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back