• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Oxford Project

Professor said:
Best_loser said:
Why is it that it take 10 years of stage tests before a drug is cleared to market

Now all of a sudden it's a couple of months

There are emergency routes for use outside of standard licensing

Is the process as safe as the 10 years of 3 group stages that was the norm

Best_loser said:
Professor said:
Best_loser said:
Why is it that it take 10 years of stage tests before a drug is cleared to market

It’s hard to believe that it can possibly be but 10 years of economic meltdown would kill billions.

Dgt73 said:
Professor said:
DJack said:
Professor said:
You do realise I am an immunologist/microbiologist?

You do realise that DGT is our resident right wing troll and probable fantasist to boot.

So it would seem.

And so it would seem that a microbiologist can’t seem to differentiate his own narrative to that of the facts.

Blaming poverty for the higher percentage of black people dying from coronavirus is ridiculous ( I wonder who many black doctors live in poverty in this country ? ) The fact is political correctness is getting in the way of saving people’s lives.

Not my narrative but the one of the link I posted. That recent research which shows clear links to poverty and inequality in healthcare access. Proper research too, not some random statement made on social media. I take it you read it?

Medical staff- higher levels in BAME staff does suggest to me a genetic link too. I have said this multiple times. The BMA are also suggesting a degree of institutional racism within the NHS underlies some of this especially around early PPE access (not my words-those of the Union).

A genetic link is highly possible, though are often very difficult to define as usually polygenic (not a single gene), are highly influenced by epigenetic factors (non genetic differences) and huge environmental confounders. Eventually I am sure GWAS approaches will show why certain groups have increased mortality. No doubt the burgeoning epidemic in LMIC countries will also cast light on the role of poverty. This certainly seems to be a major factor in Brazil.

As most infectious diseases are associated with a combination of host, the pathogen and the environment why would SARS CoV2 follow a different route? Why are malaria and invasive salmonella infections big killers in sub Saharan Africa? Again multiple factors including poverty, the emergence of more virulent pathogens, higher levels of HIV and yes, less access to healthcare.

I am sure a genetic link will be found eventually- few are as clear as sickle cell trait/anaemia in adaptation to malaria in black populations or the CFTR mutation which leads to cystic fibrosis and thought to be an adaptation to typhoid in Northern European populations. In the meantime it should be obvious that poverty is a factor in this and many diseases

Best_loser said:
Professor said:
Best_loser said:

No. But the devil drives when needs must. As someone over 50 with asthma I would be happy to take the (slightly) increased risk.

Professor said:
Dgt73 said:
Professor said:
DJack said:
Professor said:

You do realise that DGT is our resident right wing troll and probable fantasist to boot.

So it would seem.

And so it would seem that a microbiologist can’t seem to differentiate his own narrative to that of the facts.

Blaming poverty for the higher percentage of black people dying from coronavirus is ridiculous ( I wonder who many black doctors live in poverty in this country ? ) The fact is political correctness is getting in the way of saving people’s lives.

Not my narrative but the one of the link I posted. That recent research which shows clear links to poverty and inequality in healthcare access. Proper research too, not some random statement made on social media. I take it you read it?

Medical staff- higher levels in BAME staff does suggest to me a genetic link too. I have said this multiple times. The BMA are also suggesting a degree of institutional racism within the NHS underlies some of this especially around early PPE access (not my words-those of the Union).

A genetic link is highly possible, though are often very difficult to define as usually polygenic (not a single gene), are highly influenced by epigenetic factors (non genetic differences) and huge environmental confounders. Eventually I am sure GWAS approaches will show why certain groups have increased mortality. No doubt the burgeoning epidemic in LMIC countries will also cast light on the role of poverty. This certainly seems to be a major factor in Brazil.

As most infectious diseases are associated with a combination of host, the pathogen and the environment why would SARS CoV2 follow a different route? Why are malaria and invasive salmonella infections big killers in sub Saharan Africa? Again multiple factors including poverty, the emergence of more virulent pathogens, higher levels of HIV and yes, less access to healthcare.

I am sure a genetic link will be found eventually- few are as clear as sickle cell trait/anaemia in adaptation to malaria in black populations or the CFTR mutation which leads to cystic fibrosis and thought to be an adaptation to typhoid in Northern European populations. In the meantime it should be obvious that poverty is a factor in this and many diseases

There isn’t absolute poverty in this country. It’s more a case of unhealthy lifestyles. I know of many fat people who are well off financially and therefore run the risk of type 2 diabetes, for example which can be an aggravating factor for complications with coronavirus.

Just take a look at Boris Johnson for an example, millionaire, certainly isn’t living in poverty and yet if reports are correct, could easily have died from the virus, and why, because he’s overweight.

Dgt73 said:
Professor said:
Dgt73 said:
Professor said:
DJack said:
Professor said:

So it would seem.

There isn’t absolute poverty in this country. It’s more a case of unhealthy lifestyles. I know of many fat people who are well off financially and therefore run the risk of type 2 diabetes, for example which can be an aggravating factor for complications with coronavirus.

Just take a look at Boris Johnson for an example, millionaire, certainly isn’t living in poverty and yet if reports are correct, could easily have died from the virus, and why, because he’s overweight.

That is all true. I have seen real poverty in Africa. There is relative poverty which will increase risk. That the PM is also an alleged alcoholic and ignored advice around contact did not help him

LeonWasTheDog's said:
DJack said:

"Probable"?

If I don't use "probable" then he will prove one very minor point to be true and use that as "proof" that we are wrong on everything else...he's quite predictable.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back