• Thank you very much | Diolch yn fawr

    All at JackArmy.net would like to thank everyone who has played a part on this site over the past 25 years whether that is through writing, contributing, moderating, posting or just visting and reading.

    Without any of you the work that has gone into the site would have been pointless and we will always be proud that we built, generated and managed a community that was such a big part of the Swansea City supporting life for so long.

    It has been a pleasure to bring to you the site for so long but the time is now right to turn the lights out for the last time but we do it both with a heavy heart and a sense of pride driven by the so many messages received since we announced the closure.

    The site will remain here for a period until we archive and mothball it for the last time later this summer but all aspects are in a read only format.

    Thank you though for all the memories

    Phil Sumbler
    Owner, jackarmy.net

The penalty that wasn't

  • Thread starter Thread starter PSumbler
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 33
  • Views Views: Views 6,919

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Jul 6, 2020
Messages
8,055
Reaction score
1,222
No idea how the officials missed that
 
PSumbler said:
No idea how the officials missed that

The ref I could forgive as Ralls I think it was who was directly in the way, the linesman though had no such excuse and should be ashamed of himself. The handball was even more blatant than the Maradona hand of god.
 
Looking at it front on, I can understand how you might think he got his head to it, but from the side it wasn't even close, his hand was nine inches from his head. What was the lino doing?
 
https://twitter.com/onlyswanss/status/1584147043366207491?s=46&t=MGoLjdcBjpRfdq6qQYy2QQ
 
Pegojack said:
Looking at it front on, I can understand how you might think he got his head to it, but from the side it wasn't even close, his hand was nine inches from his head. What was the lino doing?

You can see on the replays that the linesman is doing that thing of leaning forward, showing everyone just how hard he is watching the action. Yet he still misses it.
 
JackSomething said:
You can see on the replays that the linesman is doing that thing of leaning forward, showing everyone just how hard he is watching the action. Yet he still misses it.

I wonder how much of it is down to the usual problem that we see of linesmen being actually afraid to make a decision
 
JackSomething said:
You can see on the replays that the linesman is doing that thing of leaning forward, showing everyone just how hard he is watching the action. Yet he still misses it.

I said today, forget how poor the refs seem to be this year, the lino's are absolutely abysmal. 9 times out of 10 they will wait for the ref to indicate something, then the lino confirms it.
 
The linesman was probably not sure as the head was close to the hand , VAR needs to be introduced to the championship asap
 
JackSomething said:
You can see on the replays that the linesman is doing that thing of leaning forward, showing everyone just how hard he is watching the action. Yet he still misses it.

He was squinting after forgetting his glasses
 
I’m surprised the officials missed it - I could see it clearly all the way from south stand.

I was surprised the officials missed the other obvious penalty to Cardiff in the first 5 minutes when Benda restarted by kicking it short to Darling who then put his hand on the ball as if the game was still dead.
 
The game was covered by Sky. Even if VAR isn't used why not set up a monitor in front of the fourth official who could then contact the ref?
 
Pentyrchjack said:
I’m surprised the officials missed it - I could see it clearly all the way from south stand.

I was surprised the officials missed the other obvious penalty to Cardiff in the first 5 minutes when Benda restarted by kicking it short to Darling who then put his hand on the ball as if the game was still dead.

Everyone sitting around me picked up on it. Why nobody from Cardiff questioned it i don't know, it was a blatant penalty, as was ours of course.
 
Pentyrchjack said:
I’m surprised the officials missed it - I could see it clearly all the way from south stand.

I was surprised the officials missed the other obvious penalty to Cardiff in the first 5 minutes when Benda restarted by kicking it short to Darling who then put his hand on the ball as if the game was still dead.

I thought that but the ball must have been rolling enough for the lino to not recognise it as a restart.
 
Best_loser said:
The linesman was probably not sure as the head was close to the hand , VAR needs to be introduced to the championship asap

I was dead behind the lino, in the very back row of the upper stand and it was clear as day that he handled it, no excuses.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top