• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The penalty that wasn't

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No idea how the officials missed that

PSumbler said:
No idea how the officials missed that

The ref I could forgive as Ralls I think it was who was directly in the way, the linesman though had no such excuse and should be ashamed of himself. The handball was even more blatant than the Maradona hand of god.

Looking at it front on, I can understand how you might think he got his head to it, but from the side it wasn't even close, his hand was nine inches from his head. What was the lino doing?

https://twitter.com/onlyswanss/status/1584147043366207491?s=46&t=MGoLjdcBjpRfdq6qQYy2QQ

Pegojack said:
Looking at it front on, I can understand how you might think he got his head to it, but from the side it wasn't even close, his hand was nine inches from his head. What was the lino doing?

You can see on the replays that the linesman is doing that thing of leaning forward, showing everyone just how hard he is watching the action. Yet he still misses it.

JackSomething said:
You can see on the replays that the linesman is doing that thing of leaning forward, showing everyone just how hard he is watching the action. Yet he still misses it.

I wonder how much of it is down to the usual problem that we see of linesmen being actually afraid to make a decision

JackSomething said:

I said today, forget how poor the refs seem to be this year, the lino's are absolutely abysmal. 9 times out of 10 they will wait for the ref to indicate something, then the lino confirms it.

The linesman was probably not sure as the head was close to the hand , VAR needs to be introduced to the championship asap

JackSomething said:

He was squinting after forgetting his glasses

I’m surprised the officials missed it - I could see it clearly all the way from south stand.

I was surprised the officials missed the other obvious penalty to Cardiff in the first 5 minutes when Benda restarted by kicking it short to Darling who then put his hand on the ball as if the game was still dead.

Pentyrchjack said:
I’m surprised the officials missed it - I could see it clearly all the way from south stand.

I was surprised the officials missed the other obvious penalty to Cardiff in the first 5 minutes when Benda restarted by kicking it short to Darling who then put his hand on the ball as if the game was still dead.

Everyone sitting around me picked up on it. Why nobody from Cardiff questioned it i don't know, it was a blatant penalty, as was ours of course.

Pentyrchjack said:

I thought that but the ball must have been rolling enough for the lino to not recognise it as a restart.

Best_loser said:
The linesman was probably not sure as the head was close to the hand , VAR needs to be introduced to the championship asap

I was dead behind the lino, in the very back row of the upper stand and it was clear as day that he handled it, no excuses.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back