• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The penalty that wasn't

Im just thankful that the other linesman spoke up for the red card. Credit where it's due l I suppose

Pentyrchjack said:
I’m surprised the officials missed it - I could see it clearly all the way from south stand.

I was surprised the officials missed the other obvious penalty to Cardiff in the first 5 minutes when Benda restarted by kicking it short to Darling who then put his hand on the ball as if the game was still dead.

:lol: I wondered about that at the time.

Pentyrchjack said:
I’m surprised the officials missed it - I could see it clearly all the way from south stand.

I was surprised the officials missed the other obvious penalty to Cardiff in the first 5 minutes when Benda restarted by kicking it short to Darling who then put his hand on the ball as if the game was still dead.

Said the same at the time. I saw the ref make a double take, as if he didn't quite believe what he saw. Darling is a mistake waiting to happen.

VAR would have had that one banged to rights I reckon.

Best_loser said:
The linesman was probably not sure as the head was close to the hand , VAR needs to be introduced to the championship asap

Var is killing the game, keep it out of the championship at all costs.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Var is killing the game, keep it out of the championship at all costs.

Even the cost of a team missing out on a play off final because of a referee making an error which could cost the club a 150 million windfall ?

I've often thought that with the prize of promotion to the PL being so huge, VAR should be used in the Championship

That Swansea handball from the goal kick in the first half was hilarious (as we got away with it). Not sure what Darling was thinking about picking the ball up after it had been passed to him by Benda. It was a standard short pass goal kick that we do all the time so shouldn't have been a surprise to Darling.

Thank goodness the officials were distracted.

Have Cardiff supporters used this as a reason as to why the lost

Best_loser said:
Even the cost of a team missing out on a play off final because of a referee making an error which could cost the club a 150 million windfall ?

Yes but it's as likely to get it wrong and still cost us that scenario. There's still a human getting it wrong the other side of var as we've seen a plenty in the premiership.

I'd definitely take VAR in the championship if it means getting more decisions right. Even if it's only 80-90% of those decisions. Every club blames the ref for being sh*t or biased against them.
If you watch a premier league game how often is VAR used in any game?
I just checked last season in 380 matches it was used by referrals 120 times. Is that killing the game?
There's more time taken up with up to 6 substitute slots being used.

VAR = Another referee to confuse the already confused situation. The way i see it is that every referee has a different interpretation of football laws.

Uxy said:
Said the same at the time. I saw the ref make a double take, as if he didn't quite believe what he saw. Darling is a mistake waiting to happen.

VAR would have had that one banged to rights I reckon.

Darling was just taking the free kick from the right place. It wasn't a goal kick.

Nothing to see there.

🙈

monmouth said:
Darling was just taking the free kick from the right place. It wasn't a goal kick.

Nothing to see there.

🙈

That was exactly my interpretation also, never occurred to me that there might me a different interpretation.

We’re good at these. The one tonight I could see from the north stand. Ridiculous decision (or rather lack of decision).

How the hell that referee missed the handball penalty is beyond me - the whole stadium could see it, easy penalty and straight red card

I thought in the first half the ref did well but he just got card happy in the second half and missed some obvious things

Was that a foul on Pato as well?

Ref proper fvkd up the decision.

Either it was a sliced shot and it's a goalkick (with the defender not touching the ball)

or it's a penalty because the defender dived in, taking out our player as he was about to shoot.

To give a corner was completely illogical and cowardly.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back