• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The penalty that wasn't

Two decent pelanty shouts in the Norwich game and two 'goals' either dubiously ruled out or not acknowledged. Ref lost the plot after a decent first half. Norwich were lucky to end the game with eleven yet the referee seemed to be looking for excuses to get ours in the book and chalk off goals and deny pelanties. Weird performance from him.

Was sat in front of the pato shout and genuinely have no idea how that was not given

The Pato one was a penalty for me.

Yates offside for his.

The handball? Very close but it might have just hit his shoulder.

PSumbler said:
How the hell that referee missed the handball penalty is beyond me - the whole stadium could see it, easy penalty and straight red card

I thought in the first half the ref did well but he just got card happy in the second half and missed some obvious things

Was that a foul on Pato as well?

I said at the time that the tackle on Pato would have been a free kick and a booking anywhere else on the pitch for a very late tackle so IMO should have been a pen, yes. I seem to recall a similar one in a recent Prem game where a player shot and the keeper charged it down but absolutely cleaned out the striker in the process but the ref didn't award a pen until advised to reconsider by the VAR crew for what was extremely dangerous play irrespective of the fact that the player has actually got his shot off.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back