• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The summer of test cricket - Ashes 2023

Risc said:
Oh yes. Not got a hope in hell of taking it off the Aussies over there either so another four years :D

Not sure Risc. Both teams will have massive changes by then. Whoever nurtures newbies through best will obviously do best.

It was a great series, one of the best ever. Congrats to the Aussies, the weather saved them from being on the receiving end of the most incredible Ashes turnaround ever, but the weather benefitted England at times too.

Weird that both sides will be relatively happy. Australia retain the Ashes, but their wait to win a series in England goes on. England couldn't win the Ashes, but are still yet to lose a series under McCullum and Stokes, while continuing to break records, entertain everybody and prove the moaners wrong.

Declaring the very first innings of the series so that Australia only had to take 18 wickets to win cost England the ashes. Bazball’s great but stupidity isn’t.

Swanjaxs said:
When this series is over how about pinning this thread for prosperity :lol:
What a series :cool:

Its been a cracking series Jaxs, only managed to see the last three wickets as they happened, so watched the highlights, what a performance from Broad in his last overs of his career, stuff of fairy tales fair play, he hits a 6 off the very last ball he'll face and then takes the final two Aussie wickets to win the Test, Awesome.

Pity that he's decided to finish, he clearly still has plenty to offer, lets hope Jofra Archer can get fit and stay injury free.

Oh come on sheeple! Is there anyone gullible enough not to realize that that ending was faked? If I saw it in a movie I'd be demanding my money back! 😁

Resolvenjack said:
Looks as though the whingeing English may be grateful of the rain this time.

They might get away with a draw & a 2-1 series defeat.

Or, alternatively, they might not.

The right overall result for the series. Two flawed teams, both gave it their all, both rode their luck, both could have won it, both threw it away, and a wonderful ending to a career for the shithouse's shithouse. Stuart Broad will be long remembered on both sides.

Glyn1 said:
Oh come on sheeple! Is there anyone gullible enough not to realize that that ending was faked? If I saw it in a movie I'd be demanding my money back! 😁

Lol.

exiledclaseboy said:
Australia haven’t won the ashes in the U.K. for 22 years.

Will be quarter of a century when 2027 rolls around.

But of course what is relevant moving forward is that England have won just 6 test matches in Australia in 37 years :lol: half of those were in the 2011 series win

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back