• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The "Things that are worth saying but are not important enough to have their own Thread" Thread

• Thread starter Glyn1
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 157
  • Views: Views 8,221
How the hell do Hancock and Brown (purportedly "Swansea's No1 Timber and Builders Merchant") make any money?

* Their website can't handle card payments (it tries, but I've never yet got one to process successfully)

* There's a "click here for a call back" button (but they don't call back).

* There's a telephone number
(but no one is picking up).

Based on my experiences, one day soon they'll go bust and they'll be scratching their heads wondering what went wrong.

You feckers make it too difficult for customers to give you money.
It wood be a shame if they went bust...

I’ve just come back from a two week holiday and as much as I enjoyed it I’m never going on a two week holiday again. It’s a week too long.

How the hell do Hancock and Brown (purportedly "Swansea's No1 Timber and Builders Merchant") make any money?

* Their website can't handle card payments (it tries, but I've never yet got one to process successfully)

* There's a "click here for a call back" button (but they don't call back).

* There's a telephone number
(but no one is picking up).

Based on my experiences, one day soon they'll go bust and they'll be scratching their heads wondering what went wrong.

You feckers make it too difficult for customers to give you money.
They need to cement their position among builders’ merchants.

I’ve just come back from a two week holiday and as much as I enjoyed it I’m never going on a two week holiday again. It’s a week too long.
I am about to embark on a one week holiday and every time I do this I come to the conclusion that it’s never long enough. However I also share your view re two weeks.

SJ calls it correctly with ten days.

Last edited:
Generally go away for between two and a half and three weeks, never get fed up with it.

Sounds like you'd get on very well with my wife. Over 15 years together and we only had our first holiday of 2 weeks this year. Even our honeymoon was only 10 days.

Tonight's episode of "Alan Carr's Interior Design Masters" will show makeovers to three local cafes:

Square Peg in Sketty
Y Shed in Gowerton
Full of Graze in Mumbles.

Tonight's episode of "Alan Carr's Interior Design Masters" will show makeovers to three local cafes:

Square Peg in Sketty
Y Shed in Gowerton
Square Peg is decent SB, reasonably priced too 👍

Square Peg in Sketty
Y Shed in Gowerton
We been in the one in the Mumbles, quirky menu but well overpriced, spicy beans on toast, gets you a slice of sourdough bread cut from a batch and a table spoonful of beans for virtually 9quid thank you very much, plus I didn't enjoy it either.
once bitten twice shy indeed!

Square Peg in Sketty
Y Shed in Gowerton
Y shed is at Gowerton Golf range, its ok as well, hr or so on the driving range and then a spot of lunch, suits you Sir 😂
Would love to be able to go away for a fortnight, but got no chance, doh!

We been in the one in the Mumbles, quirky menu but well overpriced, spicy beans on toast, gets you a slice of sourdough bread cut from a batch and a table spoonful of beans for virtually 9quid thank you very much, plus I didn't enjoy it either.
once bitten twice shy indeed!
Places like that will never thrive. £9 for beans on toast FFS!

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back