• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The "Things that are worth saying but are not important enough to have their own Thread" Thread

• Thread starter Glyn1
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 159
  • Views: Views 9,653
exiledclaseboy said:
Both mayonnaise amd salad cream can get quite firmly into the bin thank you very much.

I'd put mayonnaise on my cornflakes if I was sure my wife wouldn't get me sectioned :lol:

exiledclaseboy said:
The f**k are you on about you full on lunatic. I just don’t like salad cream or mayonnaise

Bollocks, you're turning to the dark side.. come and join us, come and join us over here

exiledclaseboy said:
Both mayonnaise amd salad cream can get quite firmly into the bin thank you very much.
You have a point to be fair, a well constructed sarnie needs neither. Sea salt, cracked black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil (option) if required. If one has to hide the flavours therein, with mayo or god forbid salad cream, you are doing it all wrong, imho.🥪

Cooperman said:
I also add a dollop of salad cream to my egg mayo mix. Enhances it wonderfully. See my post above re the winning mayo.

Crikey, never seen that before, where could one source such majestic sauce from?

Edit: I will say, it's pretty ferking bold, to mix mayo and salad cream together, I am intrigued, could you give a brirf explanation of method, and ingredients.. Thanks

jack123 said:
Crikey, never seen that before, where could one source such majestic sauce from?

Tesco, it’s usually in the mainstream mayo section rather than the Polish shelf.

Jack2jack said:
You have a point to be fair, a well constructed sarnie needs neither. Sea salt, cracked black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil (option) if required. If one has to hide the flavours therein, with mayo or god forbid salad cream, you are doing it all wrong, imho.🥪

An egg and olive oil sarnie won’t catch on, mark my words.

Cooperman said:
An egg and olive oil sarnie won’t catch on, mark my words.
God no, its optional. I would prefer a large wedge of rocket, lovely.😋👍

Darran, we're correct, it's Mumsnet again mun.. talking about mayonnaise mun.. having an in-depth thesis on the subject FFS.. all mayonnaise taste roughly the same

Cooperman said:
Tesco, it’s usually in the mainstream mayo section rather than the Polish shelf.

Cheers coops.. Yes after a a quick google search, I can see Tesco are stocking it, although they are charging £2.25 for it, Asda looks the best bet coming up at £1.65.

jack123 said:

Edit: I will say, it's pretty ferking bold, to mix mayo and salad cream together, I am intrigued, could you give a brirf explanation of method, and ingredients.. Thanks

Nowt clever. Knock up your usual egg mayo mix and then add a dribble of salad cream for that little bit of tang. Then a good crack of ground black pepper. Good brown bread always helps. Pretty much the perfect sarnie.

Does anyone know a good pub to watch this in London? I'm happy to travel anywhere.

How the hell do Hancock and Brown (purportedly "Swansea's No1 Timber and Builders Merchant") make any money?

* Their website can't handle card payments (it tries, but I've never yet got one to process successfully)

* There's a "click here for a call back" button (but they don't call back).

* There's a telephone number
(but no one is picking up).

Based on my experiences, one day soon they'll go bust and they'll be scratching their heads wondering what went wrong.

You feckers make it too difficult for customers to give you money.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back