• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Welsh Government

rockinj

First Team Player
Reaction score
2026 is the next Welsh elections.

What is Wales to do? I sense an enormous feeling of despondency in the Country with regards the performance of the Welsh Labour Government.

But where to turn? We can’t vote reform, yet my fear is that what will happen. Plaid are just Labour lapdogs, the tories are hopeless.

Is it worth giving liberals a chance? We desperately need a new party in Wales.

Genuinely can’t comprehend this lot getting in again. Their performance is abysmal and it’s troubling from a democratic perspective. I do worry for Wales.

The people of Wales will do what they've always done and vote this lot back in.

If the Tories gave a shit about the country they'd replace the current gammon and put someone in place that could/would appeal to the people of Wales.

The people of Wales will do what they've always done and vote this lot back in.

If the Tories gave a shit about the country they'd replace the current gammon and put someone in place that could/would appeal to the people of Wales.
Exactly this.

We need a party that will share the investment around and not spend it just in Cardiff, Welsh Labour has long since been stale, Drakeford was dreadful, there’s his decision to abandon the relief road to avoid the tunnels was a ridiculous and backward decision, the 20mph speeds another.
He behaved more like a dictator 😂

2026 is the next Welsh elections.

What is Wales to do? I sense an enormous feeling of despondency in the Country with regards the performance of the Welsh Labour Government.

But where to turn? We can’t vote reform, yet my fear is that what will happen. Plaid are just Labour lapdogs, the tories are hopeless.

Is it worth giving liberals a chance? We desperately need a new party in Wales.

Genuinely can’t comprehend this lot getting in again. Their performance is abysmal and it’s troubling from a democratic perspective. I do worry for Wales.
I quite like Rhun ap Iorwerth out of all of them. The only thing that puts me off voting for Plaid is the whole independence thing.

Suppose the only way to solve that challenge is to have a referendum and let the people of Wales decide something for a change.

We need a party that will share the investment around and not spend it just in Cardiff, Welsh Labour has long since been stale, Drakeford was dreadful, there’s his decision to abandon the relief road to avoid the tunnels was a ridiculous and backward decision, the 20mph speeds another.
He behaved more like a dictator 😂
This whole new metro proposal for Cardiff is another prime example of the bias towards the capital.

Totally understand our biggest city needs to compete with others in the UK and continent, just not at the expense of the rest of Wales.

I quite like Rhun ap Iorwerth out of all of them. The only thing that puts me off voting for Plaid is the whole independence thing.

Suppose the only way to solve that challenge is to have a referendum and let the people of Wales decide something for a change.
Not ready for a referendum yet. Too many Welsh people scared by the idea of removing the Westminster boot from our throats. It’ll come though.

Not ready for a referendum yet. Too many Welsh people scared by the idea of removing the Westminster boot from our throats. It’ll come though.
If the pro independence lot could lay out a plan of how the country would survive independently it would help. To date I'm not sure I've actually seen one apart from selling water to the entire world.

Scotland have been chasing this dream for as long as I can remember and they seem to be further away than ever. There's more chance of us seeing a united Ireland than either Wales or Scotland becoming independent.

If the pro independence lot could lay out a plan of how the country would survive independently it would help. To date I'm not sure I've actually seen one apart from selling water to the entire world.

Scotland have been chasing this dream for as long as I can remember and they seem to be further away than ever. There's more chance of us seeing a united Ireland than either Wales or Scotland becoming independent.
There is a recent report out there which was commissioned by the current Labour incumbents. Take a look at it. But agree there’s lots of work to be done on the subject.

I’ve no doubt there’ll be a united ireland before Wales becomes independent. People need to throw of the shackles and be brave.

There is a recent report out there which was commissioned by the current Labour incumbents. Take a look at it. But agree there’s lots of work to be done on the subject.

I’ve no doubt there’ll be a united ireland before Wales becomes independent. People need to throw of the shackles and be brave.
The narrative of being brave and throwing off the shackles is why the majority of the nation don't take independence seriously.

The fact we now have a Labour government in both Downing Street and the bay should also dispel the myth of Westminster choking us.

**Edit** Just had a quick look at the commission report and in the 160 pages the details on how an independent Wales would fund itself is very vague. There is only a certain amount of tax to go around.

Last edited:
The narrative of being brave and throwing off the shackles is why the majority of the nation don't take independence seriously.

The fact we now have a Labour government in both Downing Street and the bay should also dispel the myth of Westminster choking us.

**Edit** Just had a quick look at the commission report and in the 160 pages the details on how an independent Wales would fund itself is very vague. There is only a certain amount of tax to go around.
Hate that word Tax, was working a fair bit of overtime 8/10 months ago, until l sat down and worked out how much Tax and NI l was paying and l fucked it off, l will have to do some soon, cause lve a different role now once my training is completed

Hate that word Tax, was working a fair bit of overtime 8/10 months ago, until l sat down and worked out how much Tax and NI l was paying and l fucked it off, l will have to do some soon, cause lve a different role now once my training is completed
The Yes Cymru website admits there is £13.5bn fiscal gap so independence will either mean massive tax hikes or cuts in public services for it to be viable.

Amount of tax we pay in this country is a piss take.

Max, back to the topic of playing the system (legally). Make some enquiries with your employer regarding increasing your pension contribution as a means of reducing your tax burden.

In a nutshell, the gross wage is paid into the pension fund before any deductions are applied. The downside is that the money is in your pension and not your bank. However if you’re at the age where drawing a pension is in sight then that’s surely something to contemplate. It gets a little more complex when you start drawing the pension (as there are different options), but nothing that cannot be explained.

The Yes Cymru website admits there is £13.5bn fiscal gap so independence will either mean massive tax hikes or cuts in public services for it to be viable.
Cuts in Public services be fucked I think we're on the bare minimum as it is, council tax keeps going up and nobody I speak to can see how they can justify it.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back