• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Thomas Frank

Darran

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
I’ve talked about crap like this before,about Swans fans being over the moon because we’ve played well and lost.
How can you be so happy after losing?
This has never been in my Swans supporting dna and never will be.
Football is about winning and they lost 1-3 and anyway Manchester United aren’t a Fergie team anymore they’re utter crap.

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1483930095215685639?s=21

One of the biggest bellends in football.

Sancho was at a family funeral yesterday and he's bringing him up after the game.

He’s obviously done well with them but he doesn’t half rub people up the wrong way. As opposed to Burnley, Us and Bournemouth being the ‘small’ prem club over the last decade or so, who a lot of people had as their second team, I just can’t see that these guys are especially with him at the helm

Darran said:
I’ve talked about crap like this before,about Swans fans being over the moon because we’ve played well and lost.
Football is about winning and they lost 1-3 and anyway Manchester United aren’t a Fergie team anymore they’re utter crap.

You are absolutely spot on Darran, I'm of the same opinion as you, no good playing well and losing. It's the same with todays obsession about possession stats, it's no good having 75 per cent of the ball in a game if you have lost the match. Only one stat counts, and that's how many times you get the ball in the net.

cmajack said:
Darran said:

You are absolutely spot on Darran, I'm of the same opinion as you, no good playing well and losing. It's the same with todays obsession about possession stats, it's no good having 75 per cent of the ball in a game if you have lost the match. Only one stat counts, and that's how many times you get the ball in the net.

I don’t get it at all Pal.

I can’t say I’m too aware of our fans being chuffed when we lose. I’ll keep my ears peeled. 👀🍌

Whilst I agree with Darran's original view, I think the biggest concern for me in the modern game is how does a coach motivate a squad of (often) young, not always that bright, very wealthy men? I am always amazed how these people think it's ok to throw their toys out of the pram and refuse to train yet seem to get away with it. In any ordinary circumstances you'd be disciplined and ultimately sacked.
So my take is that Tommy is trying to build team spirit and motivation through his comments.
Can't stand the bloke personally

Itchysphincter said:
I can’t say I’m too aware of our fans being chuffed when we lose. I’ll keep my ears peeled. 👀🍌

It’s been many times under Martin actually especially on twitter,its always great news if our passing and possession stats are up regardless of the result.

I don't often really dislike people in football (unless they are Cardiff-related of course!) but Frank is one of the most irritating managers in a long, long time.

MrSwerve said:
I don't often really dislike people in football (unless they are Cardiff-related of course!) but Frank is one of the most irritating managers in a long, long time.

Yep, horrible bug eyed smeg. I wish he was our manager.

monmouth said:
MrSwerve said:

Having Frank as manager would give me so many conflicting feelings. :lol:

Not sure on this one. It depends. I remember us losing 5-0 home to Boro in the cup and, obviously I wasn’t happy with how it played out, but I knew that play like that and we were seriously going places and, despite the score, play again in future and we are as likely win that game easily.

So yeah, he’s bigger it up, being him, but I get his drift.

With Martin, I just don’t see it yet. Maybe if we stop chucking away goals and ponying up at least 5 golden chances to the opposition every single game.

monmouth said:
MrSwerve said:

Yes and yes. He's the manager equivalent of the player you hate, but would love him if he played for the Swans like Suarez, Sergio Ramos, John Terry... Actually maybe went a bit too far with that last one!

monmouth said:
Not sure on this one. It depends. I remember us losing 5-0 home to Boro in the cup and, obviously I wasn’t happy with how it played out, but I knew that play like that and we were seriously going places and, despite the score, play again in future and we are as likely win that game easily.

So yeah, he’s bigger it up, being him, but I get his drift.

With Martin, I just don’t see it yet. Maybe if we stop chucking away goals and ponying up at least 5 golden chances to the opposition every single game.
I agree with your view of that Middlesbrough game. How we didn't win that ( apart from letting 5 goals in 🙄 ) I will never know.
Didn't see last night's game so can't comment.
I know that probably next to Cardiff, Brentford are the team most Swans fans have come to hate, but from a neutral's point of view, I can see why people are pleased to see little old Brentford doing okay

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back