• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Today’s Rugger

Best_loser said:
Fireboy said:
You obviously have no idea about RL then have you.

It has though hasn't it, rugby union has become similar to rugby league with defensive lines just banging into each other until someone makes a mistake, Wales employed Shaun Edwards for that very reason and had success and for a lot of Welsh fans that was all that mattered , winning, maybe that's just how it is now, doubt flair and sidesteps and avoiding players rather than breaking through walls is making a comeback anytime soo
If people prefer that fine, I'm just saying personally I enjoyed the old style of rugby more

You are correct about RL influencing union defence wise but you have to move with the times unfortunately, it all happened in the advent of union becoming 'professional'

Regarding Sean Edwards, he wasnt just the defence coach, he brought a totally different mindset to how the international team should treat the game, he was more influential than gatland in the success of the welsh team and imo if france keep hold of him they will win more six nations championships and imo they could win the world cup, my money will be going on them whilst he is there.

Like you with union ive gone off RL because it has become too defensive but the rules lend itself to that, it used to be a cracking game to watch and especially play, you werent chastised for trying different things rather than go through the sets, play for position, play to what is in front of you but i'm more pissed off about the way the top clubs who basically run the game in league have become selfish and neglect the grass roots and as long as that happens the more and more coaches will switch to union where there is far more money.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back