• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Tolerance levels as you get older...

There's loads of nostalgic things there and its difficult to cut yourself off from it, but it comes to a point as to where you have to stop etc, just ain't got the space to store things.
One of the hardest days of my life was moving my mother out of the house we all grew up in in Clase when she went into sheltered housing. So many memories and I cried my eyes out when I did a last walk around and then closed that front door the last time. I drive past there regularly and my head naturally turns to the left to have a look when I do. It’ll always be home.

One of the hardest days of my life was moving my mother out of the house we all grew up in in Clase when she went into sheltered housing. So many memories and I cried my eyes out when I did a last walk around and then closed that front door the last time. I drive past there regularly and my head naturally turns to the left to have a look when I do. It’ll always be home.
Its hard going there on times to be honest, today is the first time I've been there for ages.
Time moves on, coming up to three years since Mam passed and two since dad passed, we got to get it all sorted ASHP now its been far to long.

Last edited:
Sleep patterns influence my attitude and behaviour significantly. If I am well rested then I’m pretty calm about most things, like Jaxs I will queue without complaint, sit in a dental surgery waiting room and not curse, handle traffic jams with some calmness, and so on. But by Christ it’s a different story if I’m tired. Have been like this since I was a nipper; my mum always had me in bed early as she said I was a nuisance after a late night.
Sleep is a real factor. I’m a terrible sleeper, four hours a night is a triumph for me and has been for decades. It doesn’t really affect my mood though because I’m just so used to it now.

Reminds me of when my parents moved out of our childhood home when I was at college. It was devastating.
I'm not sure if you like Morrisey, I'm pretty sure his politics directly oppose your own, but if you can look beyond his rhetoric he did a song called " Last Night on Maudlin Street" about moving. The album it was on came out in 1988, the same year they moved and every time I heard that song it just set me off again. Its reassuringly depressing but there are some real dagger lyrics.
There still a part of me that yearns for that place, but I suspect its everything else that I yearn for. Back when life was ... joyous.

Reminds me of when my parents moved out of our childhood home when I was at college. It was devastating.
I'm not sure if you like Morrisey, I'm pretty sure his politics directly oppose your own, but if you can look beyond his rhetoric he did a song called " Last Night on Maudlin Street" about moving. The album it was on came out in 1988, the same year they moved and every time I heard that song it just set me off again. Its reassuringly depressing but there are some real dagger lyrics.
There still a part of me that yearns for that place, but I suspect its everything else that I yearn for. Back when life was ... joyous.
I just looked at the lyrics to that song, I see what you mean. 😢

Max is a miserable twat anyway, he doesnt even get the chocolate hobnobs in when you visit, I'm a grumpy twat usually but just woken up in Gran Canari so gonna act like a 20 something for next 10 days and be as happy as fu...

Max is a miserable twat anyway, he doesnt even get the chocolate hobnobs in when you visit, I'm a grumpy twat usually but just woken up in Gran Canari so gonna act like a 20 something for next 10 days and be as happy as fu...
Keep those chicken legs of yours covered up mush. they'll frazzle away with all that heat, act like a 20 somin, no change there then 🙄

Words, spoken and written. My tolerance for badly used or changed from how I know them to be, is zero.

When did issue (ish-you) become iss-you)? Similarly for Mayor (mare) become mayer? There's tons of others which i can't remember at the moment.

People that start sentences with "so" or "I mean". Just fuck off you sledges.

Also. the glut of journalist's that have popped up everywhere. You're not journalists, you're just people online writing words down, badly in most instances as well.

Zero tolerance for bad drivers as well, but that's always been the case for me.

I'm extremely tolerant about people and their gender reassignment, people can choose to be whatever they want. If people are nice to me, I don't care what they are. Live and let live. Can't understand why people get so het up it.

Ah religion, zero tolerance for that.

Alcohol drinkers that turn their nose up at drug users. Give over, you are the opposite cheek of the same arsehole.

Words, spoken and written. My tolerance for badly used or changed from how I know them to be, is zero.

When did issue (ish-you) become iss-you)? Similarly for Mayor (mare) become mayer? There's tons of others which i can't remember at the moment.

Also. the glut of journalist's that have popped up everywhere. You're not journalists, you're just people online writing words down, badly in most instances as well.

I'm extremely tolerant about people and their gender reassignment, people can choose to be whatever they want. If people are nice to me, I don't care what they are. Live and let live. Can't understand why people get so het up it.

Alcohol drinkers that turn their nose up at drug users. Give over, you are the opposite cheek of the same arsehole.
I love that rant. Superb.

Anyone with a Twitter account and a keyboard can claim to be a “journalist” these days. And many of them do. Wrap it up, son. You wouldn’t know a colon from a colonoscopy.

So, you can't beat a good old Sunday Rant, I tried one earlier but it hasn't worked :ROFLMAO:

Journalist's??

Watching the first NFL Sunday yesterday reminded me of one of these, although it is someone's name, so I know I should be more tolerant.

Jacksonville Jaguars running back Travis Etienne Jr is of Louisiana Creole ancestry, so the French name makes sense. However, they've dropped the acute accent symbol above the E in his surname and so they don't say it in the way you would expect to hear the name Etienne. Instead, they say it 'E-tee-n' and it grinds my gears every single time.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back