• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

UK terror threat level to be moved to ‘severe’

• Thread starter Monty
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 9
  • Views: Views 1,806

Monty

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
https://news.sky.com/story/uk-terror-threat-level-to-be-raised-to-severe-meaning-attack-is-highly-likely-12122703

The UK's terror threat level has been raised from "substantial" to "severe", meaning an attack is now judged to be "highly likely".

I think that these terror 'threat levels' are absolute bollocks and do nothing other than scare people.

I mean, are you really going to change what you do/how vigilant you are because of this raise in threat level? Are you going to walk the streets more alert? Are you going to stay away from outdoor public areas (regardless of covid)?

The emergency services should be warned of anything imminent but the public don't need to know of the level of threat. Even if it was at it's lowest level, all it takes is one idiot with a knife.

MrSwerve said:
I think that these terror 'threat levels' are absolute bollocks and do nothing other than scare people.

I mean, are you really going to change what you do/how vigilant you are because of this raise in threat level? Are you going to walk the streets more alert? Are you going to stay away from outdoor public areas (regardless of covid)?

The emergency services should be warned of anything imminent but the public don't need to know of the level of threat. Even if it was at it's lowest level, all it takes is one idiot with a knife.
But that's exactly what they are trying to do, basically put people off going out and about during lockdown.

They must think the general public are as stupid as Boris

Yea it's nothing to do with that the two previous attacks took place on the eve of their lockdowns

MrSwerve said:

Threat levels in themselves do not require specific responses from the public. They are a tool for security practitioners working across different sectors of the Critical National Infrastructure (CNI) and the police to use in determining what protective security response may be required.

Either that or it's another conspiracy theory for the Government to control us.

The general public are that angry and pssd off right now, good luck to any terrorist pulling a knife, they may find us folk wont be backing away now.

Well, it's never been that safe in the UK, especially in the cities, and I've always known that I needed to be able to protect myself and my family.

Well, it's never been that safe in the UK, especially in the cities, and I've always known that I needed to be able to protect myself and my family. This country is filled with people who don't understand private property or human rights. It's been a long time since I've come to live here, and since then, I've realized that I needed to keep an eye out. That's why I have a contract with a security company here, just like I used to have in my country in the 90s. It was a dangerous place, and you could not feel safe if you had any money at home. That's why https://ohholding.com.ua/en/fizicheskaya-okhrana was always looking after my house. These are the people I could trust more than the police back then. It's sad, but the UK is moving in the same direction.

Aenantar said:
Well, it's never been that safe in the UK, especially in the cities, and I've always known that I needed to be able to protect myself and my family. This country is filled with people who don't understand private property or human rights. It's been a long time since I've come to live here, and since then, I've realized that I needed to keep an eye out. That's why I have a contract with a security company here, just like I used to have in my country in the 90s. It was a dangerous place, and you could not feel safe if you had any money at home. That's why https://ohholding.com.ua/en/fizicheskaya-okhrana was always looking after my house. These are the people I could trust more than the police back then. It's sad, but the UK is moving in the same direction.

Incredible stuff, Aenantar...and welcome to the forum. It would be interesting to hear more about your security company. Are the people that you hire to provide security really buff and stuff? Could they beat someone from, say, Townhill in an arm wrestle?

I'd also be interested to hear your views as a new poster on this Swansea City website regarding players such as the legendary Steven Watkin, Carl Heggs and Steve Torpey. Looking forward to your reply.

PS: Phil, plenty of spam on here lately. :lol:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back