• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Victor Gyokeres

A4Jack

Staff member
Reaction score
I mean who saw his form coming?

Scored eight in nine so far this season for Coventry who are going top of the Championship if things stay as they are.

Not given enough of a chance, didn't fit in? Maybe the number nine Cooper wanted and ranted for was right there all along with a bit of nurturing

And Baker-Richardson starting for Newport too

A4Jack said:

Scored eight in nine so far this season for Coventry who are going top of the Championship if things stay as they are.

Not given enough of a chance, didn't fit in? Maybe the number nine Cooper wanted and ranted for was right there all along with a bit of nurturing

"Attacking player doing well now he's no longer playing under Cooper" shock. Hourihane has started like a train at Sheff Utd too.

Good player. I watched Coventry last season as I thought they would be in the top 6.
Looks like I was one season too early. Good signs of a long term plan at play.

Dr. Winston said:
A4Jack said:

"Attacking player doing well now he's no longer playing under Cooper" shock. Hourihane has started like a train at Sheff Utd too.

Puts pay to those who said he never had a number nine at least. I'll await the defence but it's criminal looking back at the attacking players we wasted getting us to where we are now.

Gallacher couldn't score for us, yet is ripping up the Premier League too.

Baron Goblet said:
Good player. I watched Coventry last season as I thought they would be in the top 6.
Looks like I was one season too early. Good signs of a long term plan at play.

I was surprised how strong their line up was. Still not sure it's a top six quality squad but they have hot the togetherness and a manager who is obviously astute tactically

A4Jack said:
Puts pay to those who said he never had a number nine at leas

He had plenty of #9 options. They just weren't the exact #9 he wanted, so he stropped like a small child and refused to make the most of what was available.

I don't generally take a personal dislike to failed Swans managers. Some of them are unlucky, some of them just shite. Cooper is a special case. The batshit mentalists who still worship the ground he slithers on don't help matters.

Dr. Winston said:
A4Jack said:

He had plenty of #9 options. They just weren't the exact #9 he wanted, so he stropped like a small child and refused to make the most of what was available.

I don't generally take a personal dislike to failed Swans managers. Some of them are unlucky, some of them just shite. Cooper is a special case. The batshit mentalists who still worship the ground he slithers on don't help matters.

It'll be very interesting to watch how he manages without a player like Ayew to get the team out of shit at Forest, and with strikers who aren't great. Grabban ageing and Taylor couldn't hit a barn door with the proverbial.

Oh he has a squad with quite a lot of wingers top, hee hee

Dr. Winston said:
A4Jack said:

Its hilarious how people are now trying to make out he was Ronaldo or something. Completely forgetting how terrible he was for us. Cooper didn't direct him to miss control the ball, pass to the opposition and otherwise be anonymous in the appearances, but that's what he did. No one with a straight face can say that he showed any actual promise here.

Not good enough to get into a team that played 2 forwards (both got 14+ goals in a team that finished 4th. Nothing more to it.

Chief said:
Dr. Winston said:

Its hilarious how people are now trying to make out he was Ronaldo or something. Completely forgetting how terrible he was for us. Cooper didn't direct him to miss control the ball, pass to the opposition and otherwise be anonymous in the appearances, but that's what he did. No one with a straight face can say that he showed any actual promise here.

Not good enough to get into a team that played 2 forwards (both got 14+ goals in a team that finished 4th. Nothing more to it.

Yeah last paragraph absolutely clock on. Not many players would have ousted Lowe or Ayew. That puts pay to the “no 9” garbage we have had to listen to with super Steve.

Risc said:
Chief said:

Yeah last paragraph absolutely clock on. Not many players would have ousted Lowe or Ayew. That puts pay to the “no 9” garbage we have had to listen to with super Steve.

Not really. It was just the case that a number 9 of the standard that Gyorkeres was at last season was never going to replace the two makeshift forwards who did remarkably well.

Chief said:
Risc said:

Not really. It was just the case that a number 9 of the standard that Gyorkeres was at last season was never going to replace the two makeshift forwards who did remarkably well.

Who did we want then?

Risc said:
Chief said:

Who did we want then?

I have no idea. I'm not part of the scouting team nor can I read minds.

makes a change to a player improve after a permanent signing rather than working his socks off as a loan then coasting.

The number of midfielders and forwards doing better away from Cooper's management is growing. He did well by defenders and goalkeepers though.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back