• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Viktor Gyökeres - Brighton

• Thread starter Risc
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 70
  • Views: Views 24,385
Started for them in the cup again today, they've advanced and have their next game the 28th against Man U. Have to think he'll be sticking around and starting that game as well, maybe to Swansea after that.

tbleess said:
Started for them in the cup again today, they've advanced and have their next game the 28th against Man U. Have to think he'll be sticking around and starting that game as well, maybe to Swansea after that.

Ah f*ck that waiting around.

Get Ayew up there with Peterson and Lowe either side with Cullen getting plenty of minutes.

Risc said:
tbleess said:

Get Ayew up there with Peterson and Lowe either side with Cullen getting plenty of minutes.

Makes sense, when Peterson tires bring Ayew wide and stick Cullen through the middle. Strange with Cooper’s reputation for being good with the youth that he doesn’t seem to want to involve Cullen.

Itchysphincter said:
Risc said:

Makes sense, when Peterson tires bring Ayew wide and stick Cullen through the middle. Strange with Cooper’s reputation for being good with the youth that he doesn’t seem to want to involve Cullen.
It might harp back to Cooper's England getting beaten by Osian Roberts Wales with Cullen starring.
Thinking about it Wales won the title two years running, England pulled the plug then, I remember watching on the box I'm sure it was Cooper's first match as international coach, did Cullen score ? - hmm he might have.
Wales had Tyler Roberts, Ben Woodburn and Cullen up front the only England player I remember was Mason Mount, Wales were a match for them but there again some people would say that Osian Roberts is a better coach than Steve Cooper.

Trampie said:
Itchysphincter said:
It might harp back to Cooper's England getting beaten by Osian Roberts Wales with Cullen starring.
Thinking about it Wales won the title two years running, England pulled the plug then, I remember watching on the box I'm sure it was Cooper's first match as international coach, did Cullen score ? - hmm he might have.
Wales had Tyler Roberts, Ben Woodburn and Cullen up front the only England player I remember was Mason Mount, Wales were a match for them but there again some people would say that Osian Roberts is a better coach than Steve Cooper.

While I'm prepared to accept Margetson would probably support England against Wales I'm not buying that for Cooper. I think I'm right in saying he made a big thing out of the fact he lived in Wales even when he was at Liverpool and England. Didn't he remain in the Wrexham area from his days there until he moved down here?

I would jolly well hope that he would support Wales over England.

Swanjaxs said:
https://twitter.com/adamcraw95/status/1309525650366255104?s=19

I'd be happy enough with that. I'm more worried about who we lose though. If Ayew, Joe and Grimes go we're a bit Donald Ducked.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Swanjaxs said:

I'd be happy enough with that. I'm more worried about who we lose though. If Ayew, Joe and Grimes go we're a bit Donald Ducked.
Yes same here.

Trampie said:
LeonWasTheDog's said:
Yes same here.

I think Grimes and Ayew will be staying, worried about Joe leaving though, but sounds like Cooper has spoken to him about speculation and told him to knuckle down for a season to prove his fitness, suppose then he may get better offers than Wet Spam.

Trampie said:
LeonWasTheDog's said:
Yes same here.

Is that the city defender who is only 20 ? I thought we were looking for a bit of experience

TheLoneRanger said:
Swanjaxs said:

Latibeaudiere, another one of Cooper's U17 England team. Played against us for Man City over Landore a few years ago.
Scott seems to be earning his coin..NOT

Given Cooper's abysmal performance with players he didn't work with as part of the England youth setup, perhaps restricting ourselves to only bringing in players he's worked with before is Scott's smartest move.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back