• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Wales Air Show 2023

So the Lancaster DID turn up. I was doing my housework so had a restricted view of it through my attic window.

The Lancaster-being-followed-around-by-Typhoon thing didn't really work for me. It was too much of a juxtaposition.

I know it's a free show, but I would love to hear Swansea Councils explanation, why they think it's ok too multiply the cost of parking in locations close to the Air Show, where is the profit going for that? For me, the people they are ripping off, are the ones with mobility issues.

They must think they are some kind of private company, who can just rip people off as they please, it's our ferking land, they work for us.

20 quid parking in the civic centre.. hmm

jack123 said:
I know it's a free show, but I would love to hear Swansea Councils explanation, why they think it's ok too multiply the cost of parking in locations close to the Air Show, where is the profit going for that? For me, the people they are ripping off, are the ones with mobility issues.

They must think they are some kind of private company, who can just rip people off as they please, it's our ferking land, they work for us.

20 quid parking in the civic centre.. hmm

You said it yourself, it’s a free show. I’d imagine it costs a fair whack to arrange and organise.

exiledclaseboy said:
You said it yourself, it’s a free show. I’d imagine it costs a fair whack to arrange and organise.

I suppose, I would not have a clue to the costing of the show, hmm I wouldn't mind seeing a breakdown of the costs incurred to Swansea Council for putting on such an event.. Did they lose money? Or make a bundle? If they did make a bundle, lower the costs for car parking there, I think would be a fair request.

jack123 said:
I suppose, I would not have a clue to the costing of the show, hmm I wouldn't mind seeing a breakdown of the costs incurred to Swansea Council for putting on such an event.. Did they lose money? Or make a bundle? If they did make a bundle, lower the costs for car parking there, I think would be a fair request.
If you are interested in the costs, you can write to the Council and request an FOI. They have to respond within a certain time frame.👍

Jack2jack said:
If you are interested in the costs, you can write to the Council and request an FOI. They have to respond within a certain time frame.👍

Thank you, Yes, I had already thought about doing that, I just get a feeling the expenditure from the council on this event, will most definitely be in the positive.

I don't even know why I'm moaning about it, I would never pay those fees, I could park away from the rip off parking zone, or even walk from my house, I just get the feeling the average joe with mobility issues are getting ripped off by Swansea Council, and it's like they have no accountability, like if it was presented in black and white, the reason for multiplying the normal car parking costs, and why they have done it, I would be happy, but at the moment, I just feel they are profiteering, and hitting people like the elderly or ones with mobility issues the most, so some explanation is needed why they think it's ok to charge £20 for 5 hours parking, in a place which the public have paid for.

jack123 said:
Thank you, Yes, I had already thought about doing that, I just get a feeling the expenditure from the council on this event, will most definitely be in the positive.

I don't even know why I'm moaning about it, I would never pay those fees, I could park away from the rip off parking zone, or even walk from my house, I just get the feeling the average joe with mobility issues are getting ripped off by Swansea Council, and it's like they have no accountability, like if it was presented in black and white, the reason for multiplying the normal car parking costs, and why they have done it, I would be happy, but at the moment, I just feel they are profiteering, and hitting people like the elderly or ones with mobility issues the most, so some explanation is needed why they think it's ok to charge £20 for 5 hours parking, in a place which the public have paid for.

I’d imagine there are concessions for holder of a blue disabled badge. There usually are. And one of the reasons for high parking charges will be to discourage people from bringing cars to the event and clogging up the city centre.

exiledclaseboy said:
I’d imagine there are concessions for holder of a blue disabled badge. There usually are. And one of the reasons for high parking charges will be to discourage people from bringing cars to the event and clogging up the city centre.

Looking at this, I can't see any Blue Badge concessions. https://www.walesnationalairshow.com/information/parking/

Umm, I'm not quite sure what you mean, by thinking it's ok to grossly inflate the car parking charges, to discourage people from bringing their car, surely you would want as many attending as possible, to reiterate my concern is for elderly or people who have mobility issues, who IMO if they wish to attend, are getting a bit of a rough deal.

jack123 said:

Unfortunately everything has a cost, even for the council, be that officer time, or other costs for staffing the event, or for instance buying in equipment or other services which the council cannot provide. And I'm pretty sure that the police dont do anything for nothing either. It's a huge event, and the logistics are not insignificant.Generally the council is not in it for profit, mearly to cover costs, no shareholders to please, etc.
If you are genuinely interested to find out how much the event has cost an FOI is your best bet.👍

jack123 said:
Looking at this, I can't see any Blue Badge concessions. https://www.walesnationalairshow.com/information/parking/

Umm, I'm not quite sure what you mean, by thinking it's ok to grossly inflate the car parking charges, to discourage people from bringing their car, surely you would want as many attending as possible, to reiterate my concern is for elderly or people who have mobility issues, who IMO if they wish to attend, are getting a bit of a rough deal.

I didn’t say I think it’s ok, just outlining one of the reasons for it. There’ll be others. Having no interest in the air show I’ve no strong view either way.

Jack2jack said:
Unfortunately everything has a cost, even for the council, be that officer time, or other costs for staffing the event, or for instance buying in equipment or other services which the council cannot provide. And I'm pretty sure that the police dont do anything for nothing either. It's a huge event, and the logistics are not insignificant.Generally the council is not in it for profit, mearly to cover costs, no shareholders to please, etc.
If you are genuinely interested to find out how much the event has cost an FOI is your best bet.👍

I may make a FOI in the future, just out of curiosity really, I suppose though what's the point? If I am correct, and the council did indeed make x amount of money on the event, what are my chances of getting elderly and disabled parking for free down there.

It really doesn't affect me, like I said earlier, I could walk it, but in the current cost of living crisis, I do feel sorry for people who can't manage to walk there easily.

jack123 said:
I may make a FOI in the future, just out of curiosity really, I suppose though what's the point? If I am correct, and the council did indeed make x amount of money on the event, what are my chances of getting elderly and disabled parking for free down there.

It really doesn't affect me, like I said earlier, I could walk it, but in the current cost of living crisis, I do feel sorry for people who can't manage to walk there easily.
Take the guess work out of it, and ask the Council. I cant answer as to whether concessions were available to over 65s or those with mobility issues, sorry.👍

They’ll probably find an exemption to avoid releasing details under FOI.

Jack2jack said:
Take the guess work out of it, and ask the Council. I cant answer as to whether concessions were available to over 65s or those with mobility issues, sorry.👍

There is no need to ask the council J2J, I have already provided a link a few posts up to ECB, which confirms there were no concessions available.. And that was from a cursory glance, if somebody finds there is! Damm I must have missed it.

jack123 said:
There is no need to ask the council J2J, I have already provided a link a few posts up to ECB, which confirms there were no concessions available.. And that was from a cursory glance, if somebody finds there is! Damm I must have missed it.
Ah! Didnt read the links, bit poor not having consessions. ECB is correct though it may not fall under the umbrella for FOIs.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back