• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Wales vs Turkey 7.45pm Friday

Skippyjack

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
IMG-5801.jpg

IMG-5802.jpg

On S4C, S4C online, BBC IPlayer and Premier Sports

Bellamy's first game

My team

Darlow

Robert's
Mepham
Rodon
Davies
N.Williams

Ampadu
James

Wilson
Johnson
Moore

He's going to put Ramsey in though most probably.. tough game this, they've improved since we beat them in the world cup and we've gone backwards.. interesting all the same

Last edited by a moderator:
Darlow shouldn't be there. I know we rely on our diaspora, but you've to have some self respect and draw the line somewhere.

Almost to a man, we wanted Page out the door, and when it became apparent that Osian is always likely to want to be the bridesmaid rather than the bride, then Bellamy was the obvious candidate.

I'm reasonably confident he can get a tune out of what he has available to him. We are never going to have and never had the strongest of squads compared to most of the elite European teams, but we always seem to punch above our weight, especially at home.

Quite confident of a win on Friday, to be honest.

Darlow shouldn't be there. I know we rely on our diaspora, but you've to have some self respect and draw the line somewhere.
We desperately need a decent keeper. It wouldn't bother me if he was from Mars if it helps us qualify for a World Cup.

On S4C, S4C online, BBC IPlayer and Premier Sports

Bellamy's first game

My team

Darlow

Robert's
Mepham
Rodon
Davies
N.Williams

Ampadu
James

Wilson
Johnson
Moore

He's going to put Ramsey in though most probably.. tough game this, they've improved since we beat them in the world cup and we've gone backwards.. interesting all the same
Not picked Ollie Cooper as striker?! 🤣

Not picked Ollie Cooper as striker?! 🤣
He can barely play Attacking Midfield at the moment, I've never seen a player go as backwards as him.. saying that, Grimes, Fulton and Liam Cullen run him close.. he can't even dribble or pass anymore, what have they done with him

We desperately need a decent keeper. It wouldn't bother me if he was from Mars if it helps us qualify for a World Cup.

Darlow's not exactly Lev Yashin though. Decent keeper in his day but now his level is that of back up championship keeper.

I don't think he's that much better than Ward to justify having to go crawling back to him like a love sick mug. I wouldn't be happy if I was Ward or Davies who have turned up when fit to every camp for years now, while Darlow couldn't be bothered / didn't feel Welsh / hoped he'd get an England call up.

Darlow's not exactly Lev Yashin though. Decent keeper in his day but now his level is that of back up championship keeper.

I don't think he's that much better than Ward to justify having to go crawling back to him like a love sick mug. I wouldn't be happy if I was Ward or Davies who have turned up when fit to every camp for years now, while Darlow couldn't be bothered / didn't feel Welsh / hoped he'd get an England call up.
The stronger the squad, the better.

If Danny ward wanted to cement his position as our number one keeper, he needs to stop being a bench warmer and get himself a club where he is the number one and playing week in week out.

Just because players turn up, doesn't mean we should select them. It just goes to show how weak we are in that position.

He can barely play Attacking Midfield at the moment, I've never seen a player go as backwards as him.. saying that, Grimes, Fulton and Liam Cullen run him close.. he can't even dribble or pass anymore, what have they done with him
This is an important point. Any young players with promise, particularly attacking promise simply get worse, lose all their risk taking confidence, or disappear. We are the epitome of a more literal, basic, non-nuanced version of ‘graveyard of ambition’.

Almost to a man, we wanted Page out the door, and when it became apparent that Osian is always likely to want to be the bridesmaid rather than the bride, then Bellamy was the obvious candidate.

I'm reasonably confident he can get a tune out of what he has available to him. We are never going to have and never had the strongest of squads compared to most of the elite European teams, but we always seem to punch above our weight, especially at home.

Quite confident of a win on Friday, to be honest.
Plus, if he can’t get a tune, he’ll twat them with a golf club. I’m in.

The stronger the squad, the better.

If Danny ward wanted to cement his position as our number one keeper, he needs to stop being a bench warmer and get himself a club where he is the number one and playing week in week out.

Just because players turn up, doesn't mean we should select them. It just goes to show how weak we are in that position.

You'd have a point if Darlow was a regular starter, but he's not either. He's also a bench warmer and in theory needs to move on to play every week.

This is the uniqueness of international football, you aren't meant to be able to sign or transfer players, you make the best of what you've got, hopefully while also trying to maintain pride and integrity.

You'd have a point if Darlow was a regular starter, but he's not either. He's also a bench warmer and in theory needs to move on to play every week.

This is the uniqueness of international football, you aren't meant to be able to sign or transfer players, you make the best of what you've got, hopefully while also trying to maintain pride and integrity.
This is the uniqueness of international football.

See Declan Rice, then come back and tell me more about maintaining pride and integrity lol

6dafec6a-9520-11ed-b3ea-0210609a3fe2.jpg

Football is a results industry. A nation the size of ours has to do what it can and I think the majority of fans would and do accept that.

Plenty of our past and current squad have qualified due to grandparents which is set out and there to be utilised.

The FAW would be quite rightly called out if we didn't explore opportunities like Darlow. The squad I believe needs to contain three keepers, without Darlow who else is this to call up?

Football is a results industry. A nation the size of ours has to do what it can and I think the majority of fans would and do accept that.

Plenty of our past and current squad have qualified due to grandparents which is set out and there to be utilised.

The FAW would be quite rightly called out if we didn't explore opportunities like Darlow. The squad I believe needs to contain three keepers, without Darlow who else is this to call up?

Stick with Ward / Davies and call up a youngster to bring through. Not a bench warmer who'll be 37 going on 38 by the next Euros!

Absolutely no one would call out the FAW for not asking Darlow again, he's already turned us down at least twice before, and I respect him for doing so. If he doesn't feel Welsh or a connection to Wales, then he did the right thing. But to waltz back in now shows some front. But Bellamy is more to blame for crawling back to him again.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back