• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Well done Stevie Cooper

Vetchonian said:
But if we had played lovely football and been entertained ...if you believe so many on here and the other forum they would be happy....even of we were relegated!

Pretty possesion football doesnt guarantee success..How is Potter doing at Brighton?

I’d be much happier being in Brighton’s position... playing good entertaining football and surviving in the Premier League.

Whatever you think about the quality of the action we've seen this season, had they stumped up for a center forward in January and had Morgan Gibbs-White stayed around we would be going up with Norwich. For all Cooper's faults, it was the Yanks that cost us automatic promotion.

Jacket said:
Whatever you think about the quality of the action we've seen this season, had they stumped up for a center forward in January and had Morgan Gibbs-White stayed around we would be going up with Norwich. For all Cooper's faults, it was the Yanks that cost us automatic promotion.

hard agree on MGW. The yanks comment is nonsense - kept (or had no choice ayew), spent 750k on whittaker, brought in morris who would have been very decent, brought in hourihane who we all thought would get us up, not sure whatmore they could have done tbh

Lifelong said:
Imagine what it would be like on these forums if we were in the position of Sheffield Wednesday and Derby?

I would be even more unhappy.

🤣

700K Whittaker, 800K Lowe, 4M Ayew wages if rumours of 80K a week are true, loan fees Guehi & Hourihane plus wages Hourihane supposedly 25K a week, contract extensions for the players will 99% of the time include a sign on fee, I think he’s had backing regardless if you think he’s had enough he’s had some backing with the money we have available, he relied on getting Brewster back here and left it late, then that fella from Southampton got injured so threw another spanner in the works.

It’s an achievement 2 seasons getting into the play offs in his first senior football role and the story may have been different if MGW and Morris didn’t get injured but the football the last couple months has been dreadful and the position we was in it was in our hands to go up automatically, let’s just look forward to the play offs see what happens because before the season started I think majority of us would have took a play off finish.

spot on. You can at least look like your attempting to play football with league 2 players, we dont even look like we try to do so

One thing I will say is that we have had some dire luck with attackers this year. MGW getting injured for 95% of his time here then getting recalled to sit on the bench (at most) for Wolves, Obafemi getting agreed before getting injured, Morris coming over and getting injured, arriola getting “injured” (dubious about that one). Even Cullen & Routs getting injured when they did was not ideal.

The player that gets you promoted is a Scott Sinclair back in his day, or a Brewster last season. Failing to have an out and out goal scorer is why we are not in the top two positions, and of course having such a negative playing manager has cost us too.
For me, pivotal moment was losing to Cardiff. Had we won that then we wouldn’t have been so piss poor afterwards.

Not that you need reminding but Luton beat Watford on the same day we decided to let Wycombe score two goals within 5 minutes. The situation is unacceptable.

New manager for me once we get knocked out of the play offs please.

“Once we get knocked out of the play offs.”

It’s as if some people want us to fail just for them to say “I was right.”Just celebrate the fact that we are in the play offs again with a good chance at getting promoted to the Premier League.

eteb said:
Jacket said:

hard agree on MGW. The yanks comment is nonsense - kept (or had no choice ayew), spent 750k on whittaker, brought in morris who would have been very decent, brought in hourihane who we all thought would get us up, not sure whatmore they could have done tbh

I agree with you... the Cooper is working with a limited budget is nonsense. The Americans have given the cash this season.. this is a very good squad. We have a forward earning £80k a week! Hourihane will be on £35k + a week.

There’s questions to who’s fault it is that we didn’t go all in for a proper No.9... instead of spending lots on the likes of Whittaker, Morris, Hourihane & Lowe.

Some of our signings have been a disaster - Hourihane especially.

The Whittaker one is a strange one... it’s a lot of money for a player for the future when we were crying out for a striker to hit the ground running.

Magic_Michu said:
eteb said:

I agree with you... the Cooper is working with a limited budget is nonsense. The Americans have given the cash this season.. this is a very good squad. We have a forward earning £80k a week! Hourihane will be on £35k + a week.

There’s questions to who’s fault it is that we didn’t go all in for a proper No.9... instead of spending lots on the likes of Whittaker, Morris, Hourihane & Lowe.

Some of our signings have been a disaster - Hourihane especially.

The Whittaker one is a strange one... it’s a lot of money for a player for the future when we were crying out for a striker to hit the ground running.

Stop talking shyt. Very good squad be fkd. Its a bog standard championship squad. Cullen, Whittaker, Ollie Cooper wouldnt be anywhere near the top half of the tables squads.

The commentator said it all - Reading were preparing to bring on £20m worth of players as substitutes. Watford, Bornemouth and Norwich still effectively have PL squads. It's remarkable what we've done with our budget.

And Whittaker was definitely a buy for the future. We simply took advantage of Derby's financial plight when they were looking to sell.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back