• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Well done Stevie Cooper

Magic_Michu said:
eteb said:
hard agree on MGW. The yanks comment is nonsense - kept (or had no choice ayew), spent 750k on whittaker, brought in morris who would have been very decent, brought in hourihane who we all thought would get us up, not sure whatmore they could have done tbh

I agree with you... the Cooper is working with a limited budget is nonsense. The Americans have given the cash this season.. this is a very good squad. We have a forward earning £80k a week! Hourihane will be on £35k + a week.

There’s questions to who’s fault it is that we didn’t go all in for a proper No.9... instead of spending lots on the likes of Whittaker, Morris, Hourihane & Lowe.

Some of our signings have been a disaster - Hourihane especially.

The Whittaker one is a strange one... it’s a lot of money for a player for the future when we were crying out for a striker to hit the ground running.

I'd guess we're middle of the road in the Championship when it comes to transfer/wage budget. Not the biggest and not the smallest. Will be interesting to see if we have a little more flexibility once Ayew's contract is off the books.

In terms of squad, I'd say it's comfortably worse than all the teams around us other than possibly Barnsley. Certainly once our loan players depart it's a very weak squad. I detest the football we've been playing, but I believe that Cooper has got us into a higher position than a lot of other managers would achieve.

The difference in quality between the summer transfer window and January is glaring. Perhaps Morris would have been a hit if he hadn't been injured, but overall the signings have been a disaster.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back