• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

We're down

• Thread starter eteb
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 127
  • Views: Views 10,776
1. Shit owners, correct.

2. New manager, give him time to at least stamp his shape. Expecting miracles against the likes of Bournemouth and Leicester is asking too much.

3. A squad which is far from a disaster, but isn't helped by the decisions of #1 and will hopefully benefit from time, see #2.
Asking to much for a result against Plymouth who have not won away all season.

Manager needs more time but at the moment he's not an upgrade from duff and he's talking like he's clueless. If he carries on like this he will be back to driving vans pronto.

Asking to much for a result against Plymouth who have not won away all season.

Manager needs more time but at the moment he's not an upgrade from duff and he's talking like he's clueless. If he carries on like this he will be back to driving vans pronto.
In hindsight the obvious move was to keep Sheehan until the end of the season and then look at Williams from then.

But we are where we are

In hindsight the obvious move was to keep Sheehan until the end of the season and then look at Williams from then.

But we are where we are
Better still spend money on a proven quality manager not some league two van driver

I really enjoyed the game despite the defeat. Was a breath of fresh air to see plenty of attacking play with pace and created chances. Also thought we looked far more solid defensively than we have done.

I was working on camera 4 for the game and the director in London was a big Plymouth fan… he thought the Swans were excellent and deserved to win.

Keep playing like we did yesterday… and we’ll have enough to get over the line, safe from relegation.

We’re probably only a centre midfielder and a striker away from being a very good team.

I said a few months ago the Swans would be ok and I still think that, but I think it’s going to be tighter and closer than I initially thought. I think we are lucky that the teams at the bottom of the Championship this year are weaker and have less points than the teams who were in the relegation zone last year.

Successful clubs have solid tight defences and Williams has to get this right. The Championship is a tough league, expecting to go out, play swashbuckling football and out scoring the opposition isn’t going to happen. Under Martinez the club played a flamboyant attacking brand of football scoring goals and winning games, the defence was decent but not as good as other parts of the team but it didn’t need to be as the attack more than compensated. Martinez has played nice football elsewhere, but his team’s defences haven't been the best. Dousa was criticised when he was here, but I believe his tightening of the defence was a key factor in Rodger’s success. Williams needs to sort out the defence and tactics and build from there.

I said a few months ago the Swans would be ok and I still think that, but I think it’s going to be tighter and closer than I initially thought. I think we are lucky that the teams at the bottom of the Championship this year are weaker and have less points than the teams who were in the relegation zone last year.

Successful clubs have solid tight defences and Williams has to get this right. The Championship is a tough league, expecting to go out, play swashbuckling football and out scoring the opposition isn’t going to happen. Under Martinez the club played a flamboyant attacking brand of football scoring goals and winning games, the defence was decent but not as good as other parts of the team but it didn’t need to be as the attack more than compensated. Martinez has played nice football elsewhere, but his team’s defences haven't been the best. Dousa was criticised when he was here, but I believe his tightening of the defence was a key factor in Rodger’s success. Williams needs to sort out the defence and tactics and build from there.

It would help if we could have a settled back 4 with no injuries.

For me, Darling starts in the middle alongside one of the chuckle brothers, Tymon left and then Key right, when fit.

At the moment not only are we generally crap and disorganised but we chop and change from one game to the next whether forced or not.

Nothing like weeping hysteria on a Saturday night

I am happy to donate ÂŁ100 to anyones charity should we go down. We'll be fine.
OK, fair enough.
But wer all hanging onto yer prediction of where/how we'll get the 18/20 points we need to survive.

Get through the next few games. Get Key, Lowe, Parker and Darling and mix this with the new players we'll be fine. The gaffer needs to really think about this Grimes Fulton axis. It clearly doesn't work so why keep flogging this dead horse.

It would help if we could have a settled back 4 with no injuries.

For me, Darling starts in the middle alongside one of the chuckle brothers, Tymon left and then Key right, when fit.

At the moment not only are we generally crap and disorganised but we chop and change from one game to the next whether forced or not.
People seem to slate Cabango but for me he’s our best defender - not the best with the ball at his feet (not as bad as some would like to make out)… but in terms of actually defending… he’d be my first name on the team sheet at the back

Reactions: K23
Nearly all of our best performances recently, have been in the 2nd half after we've made some tactical substitutions and had to play slightly differently. Even against Leicester we did ok 2nd half and yesterday, it was mostly one way traffic. If Luke has learned anything it should be that maybe we could make those substitutions before the games start?

Question for the stattos - how many points equals safety in the Championship on average?
Average safety for last 10 seasons is 44 but this is skewed by Blackburn relegated in 2017 with 51 points and Charlton in 2020 with 48. Lowest is 38 in 2022 but all others are in 41 - 45 range.

Last edited:
Based on what? We are shite

OK, fair enough.
But wer all hanging onto yer prediction of where/how we'll get the 18/20 points we need to survive.

Well in the last 30 years theres only 1 team that's been relegated with more than 53 points, and the mathematical spread of points this season makes that impossible, so we can throw that nonsensical idea out.

46 is the benchmark to aim for, if you don't think we can get 13 points in 18 games, then your beyond negotiation.

I've said it over and over again, to get relegated from this league takes serious effort, being shite is usually good enough to stay up

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back