• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

We're down

• Thread starter eteb
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 127
  • Views: Views 10,776
I'm of the same opinion, we played some good football yesterday and deserved something, Ronald will be a revelation and with Key to come back in that will help too.
My major concern is at centre back, the Wood and Cabango partnership is literally a car crash waiting to happen every time the opposition go at us, I'd even play Ryan Bennett if he was still with us before either.
The way I see it we are always going to have to score to get anything out of a game because there is absolutely no chance of securing a clean sheet at the moment...
Wood and Cabango as a pair will consistently work better than Wood, Cabango, +1 as a trio. I hope we consign the 3x CB malarkey to the bottom of the training vest box.

Wood and Cabango as a pair will consistently work better than Wood, Cabango, +1 as a trio. I hope we consign the 3x CB malarkey to the bottom of the training vest box.
Agree we need to go with two centre backs, but not Cabango and Wood, once Darling if fit again one needs to go, Wood hopefully.

They both have Calamity as their forenames. Which is hecking shite given they seem to be first picks.

Wood has regressed, has become immature and silly, living up to his name as dressing room joker, much to the chagrin of his father and mentor. Cabango is just pants for us, and if he wasn't welsh would have been driven out of our club yonks ago.

As Luke said, we were so close to fixing the base of our spine in the window - but it's now down to him to not pick the Calamity that is Cabango.

They both have Calamity as their forenames. Which is hecking shite given they seem to be first picks.

Wood has regressed, has become immature and silly, living up to his name as dressing room joker, much to the chagrin of his father and mentor. Cabango is just pants for us, and if he wasn't welsh would have been driven out of our club yonks ago.

As Luke said, we were so close to fixing the base of our spine in the window - but it's now down to him to not pick the Calamity that is Cabango.
I hope Humphreys can step up and fill the left CB position. He’s got the potential, without a doubt. Darling at right CB is adequate enough. A stable enough platform to see us through to summer and the next phase of rebuild.

I hope Humphreys can step up and fill the left CB position. He’s got the potential, without a doubt. Darling at right CB is adequate enough. A stable enough platform to see us through to summer and the next phase of rebuild.
Hope so too - and they both deserve the chance.

If they get the chance, and Cabango gets a deserved rest to the bench and beyond, the entire team will kick on - with Grimes & Co unfettered from having to constantly shite their pants with the Calamites behind them.

The back 2 CB is our biggest decision - our biggest threat and our biggest opportunity.

If he gets it wrong (ie Cabango), there'll be many like me shouting it out, loud.

The problem is, they all think they're brilliant, Grimes, Wood, Paterson.. they play 2nd division football that's probably worse than the french league.. and that's all they've played at.. and when they come up against OK teams, they all show us how brilliant they are.. getting tanked and look like they've never played the game.. we're 5 off relegation.. that's how good a you are.. Patino is even giving the play off shout.. it's a deluded bunch, not helping that the manager is on crystal meth an all.. i bet they have power point presentations as some footballing Houdini and all have a wank over it.. it's simple, we don't tackle, we don't mark, we give away goals like confetti and we don't score enough.. but all the soundbite words like they know what they're talking about is rather entertaining, the press conferences are gold.. one game we struggled to complete a straight forward pass.. the details mun, the HARD YARDS!.. F*cking circus

I will give cabango benefit of doubt as he's been out the past month. Its the story of our season that every week the centre halfs are changing so this needs to settle down. At least williams has identified that 4 at the back is the way forward and that was one of many plus signs yesterday. Safety will be secured easily in my view.

I will give cabango benefit of doubt as he's been out the past month. Its the story of our season that every week the centre halfs are changing so this needs to settle down. At least williams has identified that 4 at the back is the way forward and that was one of many plus signs yesterday. Safety will be secured easily in my view.
Not if Calamity Cabango is selected, for sure.

He's the target our oppos always hone in on. Our very weakest link.

Not if Calamity Cabango is selected, for sure.

He's the target our oppos always hone in on. Our very weakest link.
We all know with centre halfs confidence is a major factor and if the team are nervous then midfielders etc aren't looking for the ball and this just increases the pressure on the CBs.

Apart from that one slip up in the 2nd half i cant remember him having that poor of a game. Team is low on confidence yet i thought we were brave with alot of our work yesterday. Need to get off the players back 😔

Apart from that one slip up in the 2nd half i cant remember him having that poor of a game. Team is low on confidence yet i thought we were brave with alot of our work yesterday. Need to get off the players back 😔
With the greatest of respect there's always at least one slip up (and definitely more) from Cabango per game, Woods the same.
You can't get away with it at Championship level, league 1 maybe.
Bottom line is both, in my opinion are at least one division above thier ability.
Saying that Woods was being picked for the England U21's a year ago so what do I know 🤷‍♂️

Why though? Month out of not he's always been rubbish. Not fit to lace tates boots.

so folks think Cabango and Wood are a car crash waiting to happen yet they were Martins CB pairing if choice during that end of season run when he switched to 4 at the back.
The only goal on Saturday came from a well worked set piece The defence managed to keep Plymouth quiet otherwise. Yes there were two instances of mistakes by the CBs but watching MOTD last night both the Liverpool CBs made a couple of errors resulting in goals so of it can happen to them.
I'm sure we can survive. I liked mostly what I saw from the team on Saturday apart from when we reverted to the backwards and sideways passing especially in the dying minutes .I was pleased to see Williams urging the ball to be played forwards. The new additions will help im sure and now Yates will get service it needs a goal from him to get his confidence back.
Those who might also read the indy may have seen some discussions about how Williams sets us up.To " solve" the Fulton/Grimes axis maybe we should go 4-1-4-1 .Play Grimesbin a holding role in front of the back 4 then Ronald and the Pole out wide with Patterson and one of Patino,Cooper,maybe Cullen then Yates or Lowe up top.
This could allow 2-3-4-1 withbthe ball then 4-3-2-1 without it with the fullbacks pushing on when in possession and the wingers dropping back when without it also allows Grimes to drop back in between the CBs if the full backs push on.
Getting Key ,Darling,Parker and Lowe back is Key I'm confident that we have enough to keep us up it might be sticky but time but in sure Williams will get us into winning ways soon

This is the thing, no one was complaining last season about the centre halfs, it was more that we need new full backs. Most on here have either played the game or watched many years, we all know how important confidence is to any player/team. We were unlucky on saturday end of, more performances like that and the results will come

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back