• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

We're down

• Thread starter eteb
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 127
  • Views: Views 10,776
For being poorly run then I find it hard to see another club being run worse than us......on that front then we would deserve to be relegated.
No way with the money we spent since the summer should we be in this position, squad wise we are shocking!

It's been shambolic and shouldn't really come as a surprise at the same time....we have a bunch of guys running the club with very little knowledge or forward thinking.

Regardless what league we are in next season........we will require a new chairman and sporting director, the two we currently have are demonstrating they are clearly not up to it.
Im not saying the summer transfer window was a success but last season our big problem were our full backs, we now have Key and Tymon who is finally living up to his high transfer fee. Ginnelly was also looking promising before his injury. We lost piroe on transfer day so had to change our style of play as everything was directed through him.
We get to January and the market as we know is massively inflated. Yes we need a striker but at what cost and were there any available? We were crying out for pace and have invested wisely (ronald looks a snip a first viewing)
Problem all season has been lack of a settled side, settled formation and settled management. Get through till end of season and id pretty confident we could make a better fist of it next year

Im not saying the summer transfer window was a success but last season our big problem were our full backs, we now have Key and Tymon who is finally living up to his high transfer fee. Ginnelly was also looking promising before his injury. We lost piroe on transfer day so had to change our style of play as everything was directed through him.
We get to January and the market as we know is massively inflated. Yes we need a striker but at what cost and were there any available? We were crying out for pace and have invested wisely (ronald looks a snip a first viewing)
Problem all season has been lack of a settled side, settled formation and settled management. Get through till end of season and id pretty confident we could make a better fist of it next year
I suppose it’s frustrating that we had a perfectly good striker except Yanko & Russ made him hate us.

I suppose it’s frustrating that we had a perfectly good striker except Yanko & Russ made him hate us.
The one that got away. Off memory and happy to be corrected but i cant remember many players being sold cheaply and turning into massive success stories.

Even with limited games under cooper and Martin you could see there was somehting there - always looking to beat a man and get shots iff

Absolute clusterfuck as we'd have a 15-20mil player on our hands now

I think we’ll go down. This game was huge due to the upcoming fixtures now in February. We’re in a rut which we haven’t got the spine or firepower to get out of.

Grim.

Anybody who wasn't an idiot blaming Whittaker for his attitude when Russ quite clearly wanted nothing to do with him could see it was a shambolic situation.

The fact the kid couldn't wait to get out of here doesn't reflect on Duff - although perhaps sitting down with him might have helped - but completely on our inept ownership and previous management.

Worse than Gyokeres. The sad thing is that players now leave us and look better elsewhere whereas they used to look pants when they left.

Anybody who wasn't an idiot blaming Whittaker for his attitude when Russ quite clearly wanted nothing to do with him could see it was a shambolic situation.

The fact the kid couldn't wait to get out of here doesn't reflect on Duff - although perhaps sitting down with him might have helped - but completely on our inept ownership and previous management.

Worse than Gyokeres. The sad thing is that players now leave us and look better elsewhere whereas they used to look pants when they left.
Whittaker showed restraint when he scored imho, I wouldn't have blamed him if he'd run straight towards our directors box windmilling his bad boy.
Not. Even. Joking 👍

So does everyone still think this is a "dead" end to the season?
I've heard this said many times recently, and by some quite sensible posters.
This lads, is going to be anything other than a dead end to the season...
Buckle up and hold onto your hats!
YEEEEEHAAAAA ...
Squeaky bum time is around the corner, we got no one who can score consistently a shocking midfield who expose our defence throughout every game.

Today showed me that Williams can get us playing the way we’d all like to see.

Ronald looked great and Pacheta got some dangerous balls into the box too.

Whether it’ll be enough to negate the terrible centre backs, the Grimes-Fulton axis and the lack of a clinical finisher will of course remain to be seen.

We now have 4 really tough games coming up where we’d be massively upsetting the form book to even pick up a point.

We then have a decent run of 12 games against 11 sides currently in the bottom 14. We’ll probably have to take 15-18 points from that lot to stay up.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back