• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

What needs changing for next season?

Badlands said:
no one will buy Swansea and put in big money.

Good.

The number of people falling over themselves begging to become some billionaire's toy or pet project just because it'll sate their desire for spending is becoming a little bit disgusting.

As little as possible, stability is the mantra, build on current squad of 20 or so plus a few EPL loans

Was interesting to watch the Brentford video about scratching their Academy and having a B team, may be something in that

Baron Goblet said:
As little as possible, stability is the mantra, build on current squad of 20 or so plus a few EPL loans

Was interesting to watch the Brentford video about scratching their Academy and having a B team, may be something in that

I think they benefit from being in London & can hoover up the Prem cast offs for their B team structure, we need be more attractive/imaginative out West.

Thornburyswan said:
Baron Goblet said:

I think they benefit from being in London & can hoover up the Prem cast offs for their B team structure, we need be more attractive/imaginative out West.

In my opinion We need to go back to the basics of recruitment that served us so well (and Brentford) in the past, which is scouting the European B leagues for untapped talent, some loanees have been great this season, but to build a settled squad there should only be a few loanees to add some quality in certain areas, not as heavily relied upon as This season.
The biggest problem with this is we have No money, amazing that After 7 years of riches we’re relaying on frees and loans 🙈
The future of our club now depends on the generosity of bigger clubs loaning their up and coming players to us to be competitive,
Unless they invest, We need to get rid of the 🇺🇸 owners

Bermudajack said:
Thornburyswan said:

In my opinion We need to go back to the basics of recruitment that served us so well (and Brentford) in the past, which is scouting the European B leagues for untapped talent, some loanees have been great this season, but to build a settled squad there should only be a few loanees to add some quality in certain areas, not as heavily relied upon as This season.
The biggest problem with this is we have No money, amazing that After 7 years of riches we’re relaying on frees and loans 🙈
The future of our club now depends on the generosity of bigger clubs loaning their up and coming players to us to be competitive,

I'm sure I read somewhere that scott is already on the lookout for loan, frees in the european b leagues.

Let's hope he can come up with some players like brentfords who iirc he used to do the same job for.

Bermudajack said:
Thornburyswan said:

We do scout the Euro Leagues, and hoover up Prem players like Celina but there are no guarantees as you know. Why you are amazed at the fact we have no money when we have academy and paid players 80,000+ a week is old news. And who do you have in mind to buy out our owners and invest during a pandemic and according to economists a recession looming?

We are in the championship and need to build if that means using our managers contacts and blooding youngsters so be it and even then the fickle footballer of today will up and leave at the drop of a contract like Dan James or a senior player offering to cancel his contract for 3million allegedly of course. This is the reality of the situation.

Bermudajack said:
Thornburyswan said:

The American part owners have saved this club financially. Get over it.
The previous owners put nothing into the club (including 21% share holders The Trust) Attempting to change from our stylish and relatively cheaply resourced team into a Monk English Style, but very expensive for less than average players to stay in the PL, hammered us financially and in terms of retaining good football.
What we really need, especially now, is what we have - responsible management.
West Wales is one of the poorest areas in the UK and what was the EU - we as a community do not have spare cash to hurl at our team through paying for extras in the way comparable city regions do.
The club has survived as we are with good use our academy and the is where we should be concentrating our effort. Bring players in to the under 23s, develop them for us and for transfer.

Thornburyswan said:

Brentford have bought well, sold for top dollar and reinvested a lot of that money received equally well. They're having a good run, but it'll only take one or two duff transfers to start causing them problems.

The main change/improvement we need to see is the scouting and recruitment of players, we need to work harder and make it the main priority.
We need to spread our net wider!
We need to hit every league that is within our financial league to get a solid base to see us going in the right direction to try and push forward.

Cooper is here to stay as are the Americans.... For the near future anyhow so its pointless discussing them.

magicdaps10 said:
The main change/improvement we need to see is the scouting and recruitment of players, we need to work harder and make it the main priority.
We need to spread our net wider!
We need to hit every league that is within our financial league to get a solid base to see us going in the right direction to try and push forward.

Cooper is here to stay as are the Americans.... For the near future anyhow so its pointless discussing them.

As long as the Americans are here, its pointless discussing anything.

Badlands said:
Bermudajack said:

The American part owners have saved this club financially. Get over it.
The previous owners put nothing into the club (including 21% share holders The Trust) Attempting to change from our stylish and relatively cheaply resourced team into a Monk English Style, but very expensive for less than average players to stay in the PL, hammered us financially and in terms of retaining good football.
What we really need, especially now, is what we have - responsible management.
West Wales is one of the poorest areas in the UK and what was the EU - we as a community do not have spare cash to hurl at our team through paying for extras in the way comparable city regions do.
The club has survived as we are with good use our academy and the is where we should be concentrating our effort. Bring players in to the under 23s, develop them for us and for transfer.

Well that’s a bloody relief to hear, if the Americans Part owners have saved this club financially - we have nothing to worry about... sorted 👍😀

The Americans have saved nothing.

They have however, via necessity rather than invention, started running the club in the way it should never haved stopped being run. The only sensible, sustainable, long term future for SCFC is in spending only what we can afford. If we can afford to spend nothing, then we spend nothing. If we can afford to spend a bit, then we spend a bit.

Club ownership means nothing to me as long as that simple principle is adhered to.

Dr. Winston said:
The Americans have saved nothing.

They have however, via necessity rather than invention, started running the club in the way it should never haved stopped being run. The only sensible, sustainable, long term future for SCFC is in spending only what we can afford. If we can afford to spend nothing, then we spend nothing. If we can afford to spend a bit, then we spend a bit.

Club ownership means nothing to me as long as that simple principle is adhered to.

Correct, but is that down to Birch or the owners? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Some say we haven’t lived beyond our means recently, however, huge revenue for 7 years, without a significant surplus saved for a rainy day proves we were obviously operating too close to the wire. Along with relegation, Failure to increase significant commercial revenue And a couple of poor Managers & transfers was enough to tip the balance, the Premier League is a massive cash generating machine, but once relegated the big PL contracts strangle future progress without any rich backers. Watching the Sunderland till I die series on Netflix gives great insight into the difficulties of just breaking even and makes you wonder why anyone would take on this challenge?

Badlands said:
Swanjaxs said:
Wouldn't it be nice if the yanks jad an agreement in place to sell the club to another American (individual) who was willing to put money into the club...

Won't happen.
The American consortium will hold on until they recoup their investment.
As they haven't take money out they will either wait until we are in the PL and sell for a commercial price or wait until the financial situations change.
Get used to the idea - no one will buy Swansea and put in big money.
None of our previous owners and shareholders did nor will anyone else.
(Apologies for the political spin but he truth is that after CV19 and once Brexit hits North, Mid and West Wales will become even more off the beaten track than they have already become.)

We could go round in circles again but heing paid hundreds of thousands of pounds is a little bit like taking money out of the club.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back