• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Where will we finish under Cooper 21/22?

Itchysphincter said:
I’m gonna go with 10th.

I'm going to throw this out there as a debate rather than a personal view but would a 10th place finish be a bad thing?

Consider our finances, the quality of our squad and the standard of teams in the division.

My view would be 8th-10th is probably "us" with a push for the play offs always possible at that time. But would it be seen as failure (given the fact that in the last two seasons we are likely to have had better squads than the one we go into the new season with?)

PSumbler said:
Itchysphincter said:
I’m gonna go with 10th.

I'm going to throw this out there as a debate rather than a personal view but would a 10th place finish be a bad thing?

Consider our finances, the quality of our squad and the standard of teams in the division.

My view would be 8th-10th is probably "us" with a push for the play offs always possible at that time. But would it be seen as failure (given the fact that in the last two seasons we are likely to have had better squads than the one we go into the new season with?)

With the style of play in my view the only tangible success would be another tilt at promotion. If there was a noticeable difference in our football then yep 10th would be more than acceptable in terms of building for the future.

Difficult Championship this year. Celina coming back to the league at either Cardiff or Hull so expect a goal or two against us

Under Cooper for the whole season? 14 - 18 but until we know the final squad it’s hard to gauge our prospects.
His squads have have been very good for this divisions and we should have gained automatic promotion last season but he failed to develop the team and his one change of tactics got found out.

PSumbler said:
Itchysphincter said:
I’m gonna go with 10th.

I was actually toying with the idea of ‘where would you happy to finish under Cooper 21/22?’ but figured that that most people would go for the obvious playoffs/promoted answer, so this is more of a talking point.

I wouldn’t be over the moon with 10th but with the relegated clubs and a few like Boro and Forest languishing around for too many seasons I can see one or two kicking on this season and realistically 10th might be a good return without Ayew and Guehi. It could be that new players give us a lift but we don’t look any better yet going in to the new season.

PSumbler said:
Itchysphincter said:
I’m gonna go with 10th.

Well I'm hoping he'll try and be a bit more attacking now weve signed 2 new strikers, weve basically got the same squad (ayew aside) but really struggled without a striker for the last 5 months
id take a top 10 finish with a bit more attacking intent, but got a feeling if we struggle he'll go back to boring tactics to try sneak us back in the play offs, anything lower than 10th is a poor season
But as a Swansea fan whose been around for the lower league years, Im happy as long as we're in the championship or above every season

It is an interesting subject as I put an article on this morning around the style of play and can he change

https://planetswans.co.uk/2021/07/06/can-the-manager-change-the-style-to-give-the-final-push/

I actually think 10th would be a decent result as we are definitely back in rebuild stage but under Cooper I am not sure we can hope for as high as 10th

We could really finish anywhere under Cooper. If as Bowyer at Brum stated Swans have been found. I fear us nearer the bottom than the top. I just hope I can enjoy the games when I get back into the Stadium.

Gonna come a point where his luck will run out, I've no great expectations but bottom half/just above relegation won't be a surprise. If he serves up the dross we came used too, then if fans in numbers are allowed back in, then public disquiet could force him out. Yes he was unlucky with few signings that for few reasons never worked out...but in Ayew he was lucky he stayed and it was Ayew I believe that was the main reason we ended up where we have for 2 years.
He needs to work his little ass off asap to get decent players in to have any hope. Coops will wanna leave for better things, failings this season will halt that...so just maybe we'll be ok.

Unless we’re well up the table, if fans are back in and in unlimited numbers Cooper will be hounded out by Xmas latest if he serves up the same “style” as last season.

Hopefully very poor start, Cooper gets sacked, new manager and back to our Swansea style and finish in the play offs.

16th in an uninspiring season, our worst season in years I'm predicting, all doom, doom and more doom

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back