• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Window shut

• Thread starter eteb
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 30
  • Views: Views 2,497
Deals submitted before the deadline but not yet ratified by the FA can be announced after the window has shut but in theory yes.

eteb said:
Who?

Surely we need an attacking mid

If the grapevine is accurate then Lowe and Humphries are the two I think that magic_michu is referring to

Hmmmm not convinced with that. Would have preferred more
Permanents

bakajack said:
Deals submitted before the deadline but not yet ratified by the FA can be announced after the window has shut but in theory yes.

Yep, could be a while yet before we definitely know, especially as Lowe and Humphreys were supposedly going through at the last minute. They may not be though of course.

eteb said:
Who?

Surely we need an attacking mid

I would agree, but the focus seems to be more on improving the defence. Which is no bad thing given our start to the season. If the new players do improve the defence, I can see a lot of low-scoring games ahead, as we don't look likely to score a lot of goals.

JackSomething said:
I would agree, but the focus seems to be more on improving the defence. Which is no bad thing given our start to the season. If the new players do improve the defence, I can see a lot of low-scoring games ahead, as we don't look likely to score a lot of goals.

Some could argue that improving the defence will give more license to Duff to pick more attacking options rather than trying to shore things up at the back with numbers.

bakajack said:
Some could argue that improving the defence will give more license to Duff to pick more attacking options rather than trying to shore things up at the back with numbers.

I like this suggestion and really hope you're right. We'll see if any more are confirmed now the window has shut, but I'm interested to see how many changes we'll see on the weekend from our opening league games.

Loads of signings in fairness, and possibly another one or two to be confirmed. I’ve no idea if they’re all good enough or how Duff’s going to get them playing as a team, but that’s his problem lol

Chief said:
No Gyabi and Fletcher then?

Doesn't look like it, but Humphries is meant to be the real deal and we know what we are getting with Lowe coming back too.
To me we look stocked in most positions across the pitch now with competition and no one coasting into being picked.

bakajack said:
Doesn't look like it, but Humphries is meant to be the real deal and we know what we are getting with Lowe coming back too.
To me we look stocked in most positions across the pitch now with competition and no one coasting into being picked.

Pedersen - Completely pointless in my opinion.
Humphreys - very exciting.
Tymon - solid, decent signing.
Lowe - decent.

A proper attacking midfielder to break the line I feel we're still lacking. So Gyabi looked like an interesting option who'd have added a physical presence in midfield too. Don't care much about the young American striker.

Overall B minus deadline day.

Chief said:
Pedersen - Completely pointless in my opinion.
Humphreys - very exciting.
Tymon - solid, decent signing.
Lowe - decent.

A proper attacking midfielder to break the line I feel we're still lacking. So Gyabi looked like an interesting option who'd have added a physical presence in midfield too. Don't care much about the young American striker.

Overall B minus deadline day.

As opposed to our usual F minus I would gladly take it.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back