• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Windows 11

• Thread starter Jinxy
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 1,711

Jinxy

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
Anyone else upgraded? I just did, and all (touch wood) seems fine, including our bespoke SQL databased software, CCTV etc. etc.. No idea what the new features are tbh, and don't really care as long as programs etc. work, which they seem to in my case.

Only new windows I'm having are being fitted by Dunraven in January

I was lucky enough to buy a very powerful HP desktop secondhand from a guy moving back to the UK from Spain a few months ago, along with monitor, keyboard and bags of other unwanted kit. So I bought a Windows 10 package online, legally, from one of these brokers who buy up group licences from companies that have gone bust. 2019 version, cost about £30, it continues to perform well, very pleased with it.

Pegojack said:
I was lucky enough to buy a very powerful HP desktop secondhand from a guy moving back to the UK from Spain a few months ago, along with monitor, keyboard and bags of other unwanted kit. So I bought a Windows 10 package online, legally, from one of these brokers who buy up group licences from companies that have gone bust. 2019 version, cost about £30, it continues to perform well, very pleased with it.

On a tech board I read there is not a lot of love for Win11... and that from a Yank board.

Stick with Win10

That's great news that the upgrade went smoothly for you and that everything is still working as usual. I'm glad you didn't have any issues. If you're looking for ways to save money when upgrading and updating your programs, I'd highly recommend checking out cheap windows keys from a reliable resource.

Haven’t had any issues. Didn’t like the new icons to Copy, Paste etc. when you right click stuff. (No Copy or Paste in words any more). But found you could change it back to list of options instead of the icons. Happy since.

The fact that it works in safe mode but not in regular mode is quite baffling. Safe mode usually bypasses a lot of startup items, so that could be a clue. But, of course, running a production printer in safe mode is a no-go. You've ruled out viruses, which is good news. Now, let's dig deeper. Have you checked your firewall settings? Sometimes, they can block certain ports without you even realizing it. Also, any recent software updates or changes in your network settings might be the culprit. I know this response might be a bit late for your situation, but for anyone else who stumbles upon this issue, the cheap windows keys sub can be a real lifesaver.

That could be the first bot to be deactivated. Rubbish attempt

Libertarian said:
Haven’t had any issues. Didn’t like the new icons to Copy, Paste etc. when you right click stuff. (No Copy or Paste in words any more). But found you could change it back to list of options instead of the icons. Happy since.

Had my Windows 11 laptop since last November and I changed mine to a drop down options menu when I right click stuff too but I would like to reduce the number of options though as where cut, copy, rename etc are, sometimes goes off the bottom of the screen :lol:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back