• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Work in the summer

bakajack

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
1714248834109.png

11 players in the squad (for some reason transfermarkt didn't list Jamal Lowe) out of contract or loan agreement expiring by 1st July. Almost half of the 1st team squad and many of those in critical positions.

Humphreys, Sagoe Jr, Patino and Ashby won't be missed.
Placheta has potential but plays like a raw 17 year old, all energy and no end product.
Rushworth will be a big miss, Fisher is the only other senior keeper on our books. Priority position for a replacement
Paterson continues to be an enigma, some games he seems unplayable others you forget he is playing.
Allen has shown that he can run a midfield and does wonders for maintaining our tempo but huge concerns over his ability to stay fit.
Walsh similar to Allen, has genuine talent and his screamer last weekend was a reminder. Just can't stay fit.
Naughton played well when Key was injured but at 36 next season he will find it harder and harder to play 90 minutes when needed.
Lowe blows hot and cold, but has ended the season strongly.

Then we have the players not out of contract but clearly not up to what we need.
Fisher was a terrible purchase made to appease RM, weak in his box and prone to howlers signing him led to Benda leaving.
Fulton last season played his way back into contention after being shown the door by Russ. This season is anonymous and a passenger.
Yates might have 9 goals but is clearly the wrong fit for us. Is never an outlet, rarely involved in play and often you forget he is on the pitch.
Wood has a frustrating tendancy to just put his foot on the ball and completely slow things down.
Kukharevych is the international man of mystery. When we were completely misfiring in attack he still couldn't get a game.
Cabango would've been on this part of the list but the change to a back 4 and partnership with Darling has seen us getting the best of him
Cooper had a great breakout season last year under RM but like Fulton has gone backwards at an alarming rate.

The players that are left in the squad that I would build a team around are Key, Darling, Cabango, Tymon, Grimes, Abdulai, Ronald and Ginnelly. If he kicks on after recovering from injury then I would certainly include Parker in that list.

That leaves us for me with the need of a new goalkeeper first and foremost. Fisher is absolutely not Championship first choice standard.
After that we need to agree short term/pay as you play deals for Allen and Walsh and try to flog Yates and Wood.
After THAT we need another winger who can ideally play on the left.
After THAT we need a striker with pace who fits the LW style of play and that won't be cheap.
Utilising the loan market after that to fill gaps in the squad and provide competition will also be crucial.

Bad feeling we will waste a big chunk of money on Langstaff.

He would certainly fit the "left winger with pace and product" category

Hell no. Enough with the round peg in square hole ideas. We should be looking to put a left-winger in the left-winger position. Left-footed would be a start.

Lowe has looked decent recently coming off the bench, but should not be a candidate for left-wing next season. He's good at what he's been doing recently, coming off the bench when we need some energy and something different, but that's it.

Bad feeling we will waste a big chunk of money on Langstaff.

Unless some club is brave enough to give us a lot of money for Wood's 'standing still with his foot on the ball' abilities, I'm not sure we'll have a big chunk of money to spend on anything this year without 'new investment'.

Tough decisions to be made on Allen, Walsh and Naughts, I'd try and keep Placheta and Pato.

View attachment 4004

11 players in the squad (for some reason transfermarkt didn't list Jamal Lowe) out of contract or loan agreement expiring by 1st July. Almost half of the 1st team squad and many of those in critical positions.

Humphreys, Sagoe Jr, Patino and Ashby won't be missed.
Placheta has potential but plays like a raw 17 year old, all energy and no end product.
Rushworth will be a big miss, Fisher is the only other senior keeper on our books. Priority position for a replacement
Paterson continues to be an enigma, some games he seems unplayable others you forget he is playing.
Allen has shown that he can run a midfield and does wonders for maintaining our tempo but huge concerns over his ability to stay fit.
Walsh similar to Allen, has genuine talent and his screamer last weekend was a reminder. Just can't stay fit.
Naughton played well when Key was injured but at 36 next season he will find it harder and harder to play 90 minutes when needed.
Lowe blows hot and cold, but has ended the season strongly.

Then we have the players not out of contract but clearly not up to what we need.
Fisher was a terrible purchase made to appease RM, weak in his box and prone to howlers signing him led to Benda leaving.
Fulton last season played his way back into contention after being shown the door by Russ. This season is anonymous and a passenger.
Yates might have 9 goals but is clearly the wrong fit for us. Is never an outlet, rarely involved in play and often you forget he is on the pitch.
Wood has a frustrating tendancy to just put his foot on the ball and completely slow things down.
Kukharevych is the international man of mystery. When we were completely misfiring in attack he still couldn't get a game.
Cabango would've been on this part of the list but the change to a back 4 and partnership with Darling has seen us getting the best of him
Cooper had a great breakout season last year under RM but like Fulton has gone backwards at an alarming rate.

The players that are left in the squad that I would build a team around are Key, Darling, Cabango, Tymon, Grimes, Abdulai, Ronald and Ginnelly. If he kicks on after recovering from injury then I would certainly include Parker in that list.

That leaves us for me with the need of a new goalkeeper first and foremost. Fisher is absolutely not Championship first choice standard.
After that we need to agree short term/pay as you play deals for Allen and Walsh and try to flog Yates and Wood.
After THAT we need another winger who can ideally play on the left.
After THAT we need a striker with pace who fits the LW style of play and that won't be cheap.
Utilising the loan market after that to fill gaps in the squad and provide competition will also be crucial.

Rushworth aside, I couldn't make a compelling case for one player on that list. Not one.

Would gladly let them all go and start afresh - a more inconsistent bunch of waifs and strays you will never see.

It'll tell us all we need to know about how serious the club is about pushing forwards next season by how many of those "unreliables" are still lingering on our books come the start of September.

Letting Walsh go should be one of the easiest decisions we're making this summer.
Shame really has he's a decent player, but a massive drain on resources because he seems only able to stay fit to play/appear in about 10/15 games a season.

Rushworth aside, I couldn't make a compelling case for one player on that list. Not one.

Would gladly let them all go and start afresh - a more inconsistent bunch of waifs and strays you will never see.

It'll tell us all we need to know about how serious the club is about pushing forwards next season by how many of those "unreliables" are still lingering on our books come the start of September.

Never going to achieve anything with any of those out of contract players. The only reason I'd want to keep Allen is because my heart would rule my brain.

Rushworth is going to be an England international if he carries on at this rate. As much as I would like to see him stay, it may make more sense to find our own Rushworth on a permanent basis.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back