• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

‘I watched Only Fools and Horses for the first time and was just mortified’

• Thread starter Monty
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 122
  • Views: Views 20,697
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
https://www.mylondon.news/lifestyle/lifestyle-opinion/i-watched-only-fools-horses-19429327

Christ, imagine when they get on to 'Till death us do part' and 'Rising Damp'.

The future is heading in a very unfun direction

MrSwerve said:
Christ, imagine when they get on to 'Till death us do part' and 'Rising Damp'.

The 'reporter' looks to be in her early twenties, and hasn't posted this on her twitter. The hate she'd get would be incredible.

exiledclaseboy said:
Some of it hasn’t aged well.

Aye, falling through the bar...remember the times when we could stand at the bar?

exiledclaseboy said:

It never will do - it started in 1981, its no surprise on some of the content getting that kind of review and there is a reason why the BBC only tend to show the more recent series and episodes

Still I will be watching whatever repeats of it they show this Christmas - give me that over guff like Mrs Browns boys every day

PSumbler said:
exiledclaseboy said:

It never will do - it started in 1981, its no surprise on some of the content getting that kind of review and there is a reason why the BBC only tend to show the more recent series and episodes

Still I will be watching whatever repeats of it they show this Christmas - give me that over guff like Mrs Browns boys every day

Aye I’m not knocking it, it was if its time but looking at some of the language used through a modern lens some of it is pretty shocking for a show that unlike (for example) the Alf Garnett shows wasn’t in any way political. I can well understand someone in their 20s watching it for the first time thinking in the same way as the writer of that piece.

exiledclaseboy said:
PSumbler said:

Aye I’m not knocking it, it was if its time but looking at some of the language used through a modern lens some of it is pretty shocking for a show that unlike (for example) the Alf Garnett shows wasn’t in any way political. I can well understand someone in their 20s watching it for the first time thinking in the same way as the writer of that piece.

I dread to think what she would make of Black Adder, The Young Ones, Bottom and Spitting Image first time round :lol:

The early series with Grandad were excellent , very witty and characters and situations really reflected the era. I can watch them time and again.
However it got a bit too precious and self indulgent. Del and Rodney lost their rapport with too many deep one to ones. It lost the comedy.
You could say they reinvented Rodney from likeable innocent to an aspiring intellectual.
Plus the pub changed from working class to middle class.
Uncle Albert , Slater were overacted parts .
Glad it finished when it did.

‘I watched Only Fools and Horses for the first time and was just mortified’...

That's like saying " I tried drinking water for the first time yesterday and wasn't fussed"...

She been living in a cave or what! :eek:

World is now full of pretentious pricks like that.
Few weeks itll be something else just to keep em in the spotlight. Be appearing on fckn Loose Women within 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back