• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

‘I watched Only Fools and Horses for the first time and was just mortified’

• Thread starter Monty
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 122
  • Views: Views 20,699
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel a bit sorry for the 'journalist' who wrote this. They're probably a junior and if she'd watched it and said something mild like it was probably funnier at the time but a bit problematic these days then her piece wouldn't have got published.

Outrage sells. It sells to those who agree with the opinion and the many, many more who enjoy the chance to get outraged at her opinion. As can be seen on this thread.

In 40 years, if humanity still exists, I imagine news outlets will be putting out similar stories about the entertainment made today in our more 'enlightened' times.

JackSomething said:
I feel a bit sorry for the 'journalist' who wrote this. They're probably a junior and if she'd watched it and said something mild like it was probably funnier at the time but a bit problematic these days then her piece wouldn't have got published.

Outrage sells. It sells to those who agree with the opinion and the many, many more who enjoy the chance to get outraged at her opinion. As can be seen on this thread.

In 40 years, if humanity still exists, I imagine news outlets will be putting out similar stories about the entertainment made today in our more 'enlightened' times.

In the future I believe people will look back at these times, and think, what a pathetic time they were.

Cardiffjack said:
JackSomething said:

In the future I believe people will look back at these times, and think, what a pathetic time they were.

I agree, but I think we're probably talking about different things prompting that point of view...

Amy’s currently watching To Hull and Back On Gold and I notice they’ve cut the Robin Hood song out.
Why’s that then is it because Robin was a bit of a vigilante? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Darran said:
Amy’s currently watching To Hull and Back On Gold and I notice they’ve cut the Robin Hood song out.

More likely to be around the rights to the song. Quite a few episodes have been edited for that reason.

exiledclaseboy said:
Darran said:

More likely to be around the rights to the song. Quite a few episodes have been edited for that reason.

I see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxhTXUEc7W4

Darran said:
Monty said:

Amy fucking loves it knows every episode off by heart. :lol:

I haven't watched it for years, but i've seen every episode hundreds of times. One of the best shows ever made.

Great show but suffers badly from overexposure and went on for years longer than it should have. The later specials were excruciating.

Darran said:
Monty said:

Amy fucking loves it knows every episode off by heart. :lol:

Best bit of the lot, even DJ starts too lose it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIMv8ZyfnJ8&t=11s

sainthelens said:
World is now full of pretentious pricks like that.
Few weeks itll be something else just to keep em in the spotlight. Be appearing on fckn Loose Women within 6 months.

Pity they couldn't make a new series of Fools & Horses about woke Britain, I wonder who they would cast as Del Boy, Rodney, Raquel, Cassandra, Grandad and uncle Albert....any ideas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back