• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

‘Investment’

waynekerr55 said:
One problem with this supposed "defence" almost all of the funding has been similar to what they could have done previously. They wanted to cash out and who could blame them. Spare me the next level/doing what was right for the club spiel, as it's demonstrably bollocks.

I don’t understand.

So you recognise they have sourced external funds of upwards of £30m (more like £50m) but are complaining that it wasn’t done all in one go?

There is absolutely no chance Huw and Co could have raised that. Not a chance.

DuffleCoat said:
To suggest that - would mean you think they are doing something worthy of vetoing the sale based on that due diligence.

As we have discussed in this thread, they are putting money in to not just keep us afloat but ensuring we have enough to be able to reinvest sales back into the playing squad also.

The due diligence whether carried out or not results in the same thing, them doing what fans have wanted from owners for decades.

What am I missing?

You appear to think that doing due diligence was optional and failure to engage the club‘s biggest shareholder perfectly OK. Bizarre.

DuffleCoat said:
I don’t understand.

So you recognise they have sourced external funds of upwards of £30m (more like £50m) but are complaining that it wasn’t done all in one go?

There is absolutely no chance Huw and Co could have raised that. Not a chance.

This is the now, not the then. If you're genuinely telling me Huw and co sold up for the betterment of the club back then I have a bridge to sell you

waynekerr55 said:
This is the now, not the then. If you're genuinely telling me Huw and co sold up for the betterment of the club back then I have a bridge to sell you

His reasoning is irrelevant. I’m telling you for a fact that what he said was correct.

Whether there was also the massive golden carrot in front of him makes no difference to anything.

waynekerr55 said:

His reasoning is irrelevant really, isn’t it.

I’m telling you for a fact that what he said was correct.

Whether there was also the massive golden carrot in front of him makes no difference to anything, and for the record I’m sure huge personal financial gain was also a large part of the reason behind the sale.

But both things can be correct at the same time (which is the case).

Better for their pockets, better for the club.

How can it be argued otherwise given the facts of the investment we have seen since.

Longlostjack said:
You appear to think that doing due diligence was optional and failure to engage the club‘s biggest shareholder perfectly OK. Bizarre.

I appear to think nothing of the sort. Again, it’s irrelevant to the discussion, isn’t it.

My point has nothing to do with how the club was sold/bought or who should have been informed. That’s a different discussion altogether.

My point was specifically aimed at the comment regarding “due diligence”.

If we now all recognise that we have owners that are not only keeping us afloat but also putting in tens of millions of pounds at zero debt to the club…

Then that due diligence would either have confirmed what we already know (which is good) or used to scupper the deal (which would have been very very bad).

So to demand answers as to whether there was or wasn’t due diligence carried out by Huw and co seems bizarre and pointless.

I for one am glad the Trust didn’t have chance to scupper it. I dread to think where we would be right now without the availability of the tens of millions we have gained from their ownership and the Trust have always shown to have questionable judgement and acumen.

Sadly the truth is, the owners nationality will always be a problem for some regardless of what they do. Whether some will admit that or not is another discussion, but we all know that is certainly true for many.

DuffleCoat said:
His reasoning is irrelevant really, isn’t it.

I’m telling you for a fact that what he said was correct.

Whether there was also the massive golden carrot in front of him makes no difference to anything, and for the record I’m sure huge personal financial gain was also a large part of the reason behind the sale.

But both things can be correct at the same time (which is the case).

Better for their pockets, better for the club.

How can it be argued otherwise given the facts of the investment we have seen since.
It really wasn't and if they'd said it as it was, nobody of sound mind could begrudge them: instead he stayed around running everyone's face in the shît, whilst continuing his run playing real life championship manager

waynekerr55 said:
It really wasn't and if they'd said it as it was, nobody of sound mind could begrudge them: instead he stayed around running everyone's face in the shît, whilst continuing his run playing real life championship manager

You are going to have to explain your issue to me then, because I am genuinely struggling to understand.

So you are happy with £50m of external investment being brought in, unquestionably being a good thing for the club…

But don’t want it because Huw didn’t explicitly say that he would also be making money by selling his shares?

I really don't understand 🤷‍♂️

DuffleCoat said:
You are going to have to explain your issue to me then, because I am genuinely struggling to understand.

So you are happy with £50m of external investment being brought in, unquestionably being a good thing for the club…

But don’t want it because Huw didn’t explicitly say that he would also be making money by selling his shares?

I really don't understand 🤷‍♂️

Try not to be disingenuous now.

waynekerr55 said:
Try not to be disingenuous now.

What is disingenuous about it?

We are discussing the investment. I am trying to understand why you are unhappy with it.

From your explanation; it seems to be because Huw didn’t disclose that along with this investment they could not provide, they also benefited personally.

If I’m wrong, then explain how.

DuffleCoat said:
What is disingenuous about it?

We are discussing the investment. I am trying to understand why you are unhappy with it.

From your explanation; it seems to be because Huw didn’t disclose that along with this investment they could not provide, they also benefited personally.

If I’m wrong, then explain how.

Right, you have a point so I apologise for being grouchy.

The whole "next level" thing was bollocks at the time. They wanted to cash in (they'd earned it) but they shafted the trust to do it.

There was absolutely nothing that the previous incumbents couldn't have done at the time, but yes now it's a different kettle of fish.

They wanted to cash in, of course.

But it was also clearly true at the time that costs were spiralling and they did not have the knowledge or contacts to remedy that.

I believe at the time of sale, salaries were to a level that the club could not sustain for much longer.

So both those things were true, we were probably at the peak of the mountain facing a slide from the top.

It was best for the club that owners with bigger pockets came in then (as we have since seen) and it was better for them to sell and cash in before that slide took hold.

This is what I mean by both things being true at the same time.

They needed to sell, we needed them to sell, they sold. That’s all there is to it for me.

Whilst I understand people involved or aligned with the Trust didn’t like the way it was done, at the end of the day the outcome was a desirable one so think we all need to get over that one personally.

DuffleCoat said:
They wanted to cash in, of course.

But it was also clearly true at the time that costs were spiralling and they did not have the knowledge or contacts to remedy that.

I believe at the time of sale, salaries were to a level that the club could not sustain for much longer.

So both those things were true, we were probably at the peak of the mountain facing a slide from the top.

It was best for the club that owners with bigger pockets came in then (as we have since seen) and it was better for them to sell and cash in before that slide took hold.

This is what I mean by both things being true at the same time.

They needed to sell, we needed them to sell, they sold. That’s all there is to it for me.

Whilst I understand people involved or aligned with the Trust didn’t like the way it was done, at the end of the day the outcome was a desirable one so think we all need to get over that one personally.

And the problem stemmed from Huw becoming defacto DoF.

He was bloody brilliant up to that point.

waynekerr55 said:
And the problem stemmed from Huw becoming defacto DoF.

He was bloody brilliant up to that point.

Debatable, I think his appointment was part of the problem but not the main problem. The main problem was costs spiralling (which actually began long before the US purchase).

Whilst we benefited from the spending (we won a major trophy and had a European adventure), there is an equal and opposite reaction to everything.

It was not sustainable.

However my point on this thread I guess is for people to start to see that this investment is what everyone has wanted for ages.

I don’t like they way lack of investment is used as a stick to beat ownership with… and then investment is used for the same reason.

It means whatever actions they make leads to criticism and instability among the fan base.

It’s time that we start to be a bit grateful for the position we find ourselves in, pretty much every club outside the EPL (maybe barring a small handful) would be over the moon to have owners like ours.

£50m (ish) of no strings attached cash injections to allow us to be ambitious - when it probably would be easier to just cut the squad and operate at bare bones.

Big kudos to Swansea's owners for doubling down! It's like a vote of confidence echoing through the club. I remember when my team got a boost—it injected new energy. Here's to the Swans rising higher! However, if you want to make money in a less risky way, use legit apps that pay instantly to cash app. Good luck!

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back