• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

3rd Ashes Test Match ...

It’s on. Root hit a two! 100 more of them and then let Stokes get on strike.

monmouth said:
It’s on. Root hit a two! 100 more of them and then let Stokes get on strike.

Oh, I sense a flaw…

Still, ok a few singles and fours then too. There’s one.

Oh dear 🤣

All that hot air after the last test. What can Root say now? “I want no more of captaining such a pile of crap?”

The lowest score to win by an innings for a century.
Those "honest conversations" did the trick.

https://twitter.com/wisdencricket/status/1475634109070381061?s=21

Shockingly bad. The investment these guys get is not peanuts.
Poor attitude.

dickythorpe said:
Shockingly bad. The investment these guys get is not peanuts.
Poor attitude.

I don't think it's only attitude, Dicky. Instead I think the significant contributing factor is a complete lack of preparation and failings on the part of the ECB who are not providing a structure within which these cricketers can apply and hone their skills and get accustomed to the mentality that is required to bat through a day. The County Championship has long been a joke, now more so than ever, pushed out to the front and back end of the season when most of the test squad cannot participate. We can all cite Rory Burns and his dismal form but then look at the alternative, nobody can tell me that Zak Crawley was adequately prepared via his net practice for the intensity of the MCG. There are some lean years ahead for the red ball team.

TheLoneRanger said:
What a debut by Boland 1/48 and 6/7

A guy who regularly plays the long form of the domestic game, 100% appearance record in last years Sheffield Shield and has also been participating this year prior to his call up to the Oz squad. Physically and mentally prepared and ready for action, and he's duly delivered.

TheLoneRanger said:
England with 9 Test defeats in 2021 - the joint-highest by a team in a calendar year -

Equalling Bangladesh, who lost each of their nine Test matches in 2003.

Just imagine the scenario whereby Root had a bad year. Those nine defeats would be well into double figures.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back