• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

3rd Ashes Test Match ...

We’ve got three tests in the West Indies coming up in March. With this side another three defeats is very possible. And I just don’t see where the alternative batters are such is the state of the long form game here.

Hard not to feel a bit sorry for Root only one with a bit of fight about him. If he decides to knock it on the what and Jimmy coming towards the end of his career it’s curtains for saes.

exiledclaseboy said:
We’ve got three tests in the West Indies coming up in March. With this side another three defeats is very possible. And I just don’t see where the alternative batters are such is the state of the long form game here.

Too much emphasis gone onto white ball cricket? I’d say so. The ECB hasn’t managed to find the balance that the NZ cricket board has.

Cooperman said:
exiledclaseboy said:

Too much emphasis gone onto white ball cricket? I’d say so. The ECB hasn’t managed to find the balance that the NZ cricket board has.

I don’t know about too much because it won a World Cup and may well win a world T20 next year. But the balance is certainly wrong. You can’t bookend the season with four day games played on spring and autumn pitches and then expect to produce batsman who can play around the world in all sorts of conditions. It’s a shame Morgan isn’t adept at test cricket. He’s the best captain England have ever had in any format. IMO of course.

Is there an appetite to restructure the season?
I think there's a realisation that we aren't going to uncover many Test level cricketers.
It's all about the shorter form here whether you like it or not.

dickythorpe said:
Is there an appetite to restructure the season?
I think there's a realisation that we aren't going to uncover many Test level cricketers.
It's all about the shorter form here whether you like it or not.

Probably not because it would be too costly. Domestic T20 in April simply wouldn’t work from a climate point of view and therefore financially. However the current calendar is surely impacting on the generation of new red ball talent so it’s a bit chicken and egg.

exiledclaseboy said:
Cooperman said:

I don’t know about too much because it won a World Cup and may well win a world T20 next year. But the balance is certainly wrong. You can’t bookend the season with four day games played on spring and autumn pitches and then expect to produce batsman who can play around the world in all sorts of conditions. It’s a shame Morgan isn’t adept at test cricket. He’s the best captain England have ever had in any format. IMO of course.

Very true re Morgan. If I was a member of the ECB top brass I would be sending Morgan a portfolio of Kane Williamson DVD’s.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back