• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

A General Malaise about the place...

Swanjaxs

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Sitting just outside the playoff places half way through the season, a decent enough squad in a poor quality Championship, with a little investment of the cash received this window we could go close, but almost universal pessimism amongst the rank and file, and has been for a few years now.
Did our amazing Premier league experience turn us into a bunch of miserable buggers in the long run?...

If you give supporters something to be excited about, then things will be different.

We're in our fourth consecutive season of tedious football. Tedious football that at least delivered a few ground out wins to begin with, tedious football that can't even manage that since.

For all the grumping about money, we've spent quite a lot in recent seasons, more than many other Championship clubs. I'm not sure many people have faith that Russy could get the best out of what he has, even if we gave him another £5m to spend.

Swanjaxs said:
Sitting just outside the playoff places half way through the season, a decent enough squad in a poor quality Championship, with a little investment of the cash received this window we could go close, but almost universal pessimism amongst the rank and file, and has been for a few years now.
Did our amazing Premier league experience turn us into a bunch of miserable buggers in the long run?...

Yes…

Swanjaxs said:

I hope I'm proven wrong, but I doubt any investment little or large will involve players that'll improve the first eleven, may improve the strength of the squad, but the first team is another question.

Dr. Winston said:
If you give supporters something to be excited about, then things will be different.

We're in our fourth consecutive season of tedious football. Tedious football that at least delivered a few ground out wins to begin with, tedious football that can't even manage that since.

For all the grumping about money, we've spent quite a lot in recent seasons, more than many other Championship clubs. I'm not sure many people have faith that Russy could get the best out of what he has, even if we gave him another £5m to spend.

May have spent a little bit more money, but a lot of teams who have been relegated in these last years have kept a fair chunk of the the squads they had in the Premiership, which still puts us behind those teams quality wise.

FelindreJack said:

And then you look 40 miles up the road, a billionaire owner that's got them by the bolloxs, on thier 3rd manager this season, not a pot to pìss into and staring down the barrel at League One.

Shouldn't we just suck it up a little perhaps 🤔

Doesn't help when before the window opens our chief exec is saying stuff like "we're very close to signing players" and other comments from the club like "we don't need to sell to buy", and with 2 days of the window remaining we've signed absolutely no one.

They keep telling us it'll be different after every window. But it never is. Usual deadline day craziness again coming up.

Chief said:
Doesn't help when before the window opens our chief exec is saying stuff like "we're very close to signing players" and other comments from the club like "we don't need to sell to buy", and with 2 days of the window remaining we've signed absolutely no one.

They keep telling us it'll be different after every window. But it never is. Usual deadline day craziness again coming up.
I cannot find any fault in this post, Winter said all of this but still we wait...

Anyone would think season ticket renewal was in full focus 🤔

Swanjaxs said:
I cannot find any fault in this post, Winter said all of this but still we wait...

Anyone would think season ticket renewal was in full focus 🤔

No doubt.

Did anyone actually fall for it or get excited though? No. Malaise.

It takes three wins in a row to turn on the blow torch and get the steam rising from the lilly pond.

There have been some signs including four at the back, some individual performances, willingness to get forward, some good play around the edge of the box and less interceptions.

Will we get three wins in a row? Doubt it.

Chief said:
No doubt.

Did anyone actually fall for it or get excited though? No. Malaise.

That’s the thing. Lots fell for it, as they always do. And will do next time too 🤷‍♂️

Swanjaxs said:
And then you look 40 miles up the road, a billionaire owner that's got them by the bolloxs, on thier 3rd manager this season, not a pot to pìss into and staring down the barrel at League One.

Shouldn't we just suck it up a little perhaps 🤔
I couldn’t give two shiny shites about that lot. Some of you could do with with caring less about C’diff and more about us.

I find following the swans very depressing right now as our manager is an arrogant tosser and the football is crap.

Roger said:
I couldn’t give two shiny shites about that lot. Some of you could do with with caring less about C’diff and more about us.

I find following the swans very depressing right now as our manager is an arrogant tosser and the football is crap.

Go fùck yourself Todger you insignificant little scroat 👍

It could be age, other non football matters etc, but I think this is the most unattached I am with the club.

Maybe it's the build up from the sale, and performances on the pitch but travelling to games and giving up time and money is less and less inviting.

So that it doesn't sound all negative, we will be at the Birmingham game. ( So still some burning embers)

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back