• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

A General Malaise about the place...

Just a miserable vibe coming from the club, from the top to the pitch.

Russ has sucked the life out of it for me, he put the tin hat on it as they say.

Neath_Jack said:
Just a miserable vibe coming from the club, from the top to the pitch.

Russ has sucked the life out of it for me, he put the tin hat on it as they say.

I won’t go that far but I kind of know what you’re saying,if it wasn’t for the fact it’s just me and my grandson and he loves it so much I’d probably have a think about not renewing my seasie.

I just renewed my ST but did think long and hard about it, i am hoping to move seats as there are three guys who sit behind me who moan and talk crap all game who fail to help matters. They really are spoiling what little enjoyment i get from a game. Why do i need a constant commentary of everything you think is going wrong when it is quite plain you know little about the game or the club.

The fact that many sitting by me during the QPR where unaware that Ethan Laird had played for us fairly recently is a prime example.

I think there are very few fans left who were here pre Martinez (as a coach) and who watched Kenny Jacketts teams grind out results some big wins some crap. The post Martinez era has given many a very different view of Swansalona to that which i have sat through.

Even under some of the good managers we had many would moan about Pratley passing it back or sideways, Dorus playing out from the back, Rangel being too slow etc.

I just think there is a culture in Swansea of moaning and enjoying that they have something to moan about. This board very often illustrates this during a single game if the match day thread is anything to go by.

Martin seems to have the ability to coach us well against certain teams but refuses to play pragmatically against others who press us high, we are probably where we deserve to be but it is frustrating that we could with a better coach and a bit of investment be in the mix.

To be honest I wasn’t going to bother posting as I couldn’t be arsed

Dr. Winston said:
If you give supporters something to be excited about, then things will be different.

We're in our fourth consecutive season of tedious football. Tedious football that at least delivered a few ground out wins to begin with, tedious football that can't even manage that since.

For all the grumping about money, we've spent quite a lot in recent seasons, more than many other Championship clubs. I'm not sure many people have faith that Russy could get the best out of what he has, even if we gave him another £5m to spend.

Yep.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the vibe around the club after relegation wasn't too bad once the initial disappointment of relegation passed. Still general unhappiness about the owners and Jenkins, but I remember quite a lot of positivity around the team itself, despite never challenging for promotion that season.

Potter brought good vibes with him, we had the emergence of the likes of Roberts, McBurnie and James, plus the resurgence of Grimes after his career here looked dead in the water (I'll leave it to you if you think that last one was a good thing or not!). The results were mixed, but there was positivity we were going in the right direction, with Jenkins departure in February and Birch's subsequent arrival helping things along.

Been totally different under the last 2 managers, despite qualified success on the pitch under Cooper. Now we don't even have that. We're still in a good position financially, certainly compared to the majority in this division, but the owners/Winter really need to get it right on the next manager.

Pacemaker said:
I just renewed my ST but did think long and hard about it, i am hoping to move seats as there are three guys who sit behind me who moan and talk crap all game who fail to help matters. They really are spoiling what little enjoyment i get from a game. Why do i need a constant commentary of everything you think is going wrong when it is quite plain you know little about the game or the club.

The fact that many sitting by me during the QPR where unaware that Ethan Laird had played for us fairly recently is a prime example.

I think there are very few fans left who were here pre Martinez (as a coach) and who watched Kenny Jacketts teams grind out results some big wins some crap. The post Martinez era has given many a very different view of Swansalona to that which i have sat through.

Even under some of the good managers we had many would moan about Pratley passing it back or sideways, Dorus playing out from the back, Rangel being too slow etc.

I just think there is a culture in Swansea of moaning and enjoying that they have something to moan about. This board very often illustrates this during a single game if the match day thread is anything to go by.

Martin seems to have the ability to coach us well against certain teams but refuses to play pragmatically against others who press us high, we are probably where we deserve to be but it is frustrating that we could with a better coach and a bit of investment be in the mix.

To be honest I wasn’t going to bother posting as I couldn’t be arsed

Great post LJ.

At the moment, I'm not going to renew. It's hard to break the habit of renewing, but I've broken the habit of actually going, so this is the next stage. Still tempted, but it would be a stupid practical decision. Even thinking of a ridiculous promotion,,,I would get a ticket for the PL...doesn't do it. I still wouldn't be inclined to go; it would be a thoroughly miserable experience if we did anyway.

Time to pack it in I think. When's the early bird deadline?

I feel very sad. I have decided not to renew. Reasons being it's become tedious watching the same week in week out. I felt at one time we had a definite link to progress as a club after the relegation. Sadly the Trust have put pay to that, I blame them for a great deal.There's so much lack of investment, nobody to get excited about watching as we've had previously.

Perhaps I will renew in a season or two, who knows. I need to see how much I miss it first.

:(

Jackfath said:
I feel very sad. I have decided not to renew. Reasons being it's become tedious watching the same week in week out. I felt at one time we had a definite link to progress as a club after the relegation. Sadly the Trust have put pay to that, I blame them for a great deal.There's so much lack of investment, nobody to get excited about watching as we've had previously.

Perhaps I will renew in a season or two, who knows. I need to see how much I miss it first.

:(

I am most unlikely to renew based on the off field goings on over the last 2-3 seasons, not to mention the borefest of so many games due to style of play & lack of any players to get me off my seat.

To suggest that the Trust ever had any influence over anything meaningful is just bizarre

Pegojack said:
I renewed today with a heavy heart. In the words of Jack Reacher, hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Is he any good in goals? Or a flying wingback?

Pegojack said:
I renewed today with a heavy heart. In the words of Jack Reacher, hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

We could do with Jack as the supporter director asking the difficult questions.

Swanjaxs said:
Sitting just outside the playoff places half way through the season, a decent enough squad in a poor quality Championship, with a little investment of the cash received this window we could go close, but almost universal pessimism amongst the rank and file, and has been for a few years now.
Did our amazing Premier league experience turn us into a bunch of miserable buggers in the long run?...

The Premier League experience didn't turn me into a miserable bugger, it just delayed the process, I was well on my way to miserable buggerness in 2011 when we got promoted. :eek: :shock:

Dr. Winston said:
If you give supporters something to be excited about, then things will be different.

We're in our fourth consecutive season of tedious football. Tedious football that at least delivered a few ground out wins to begin with, tedious football that can't even manage that since.

For all the grumping about money, we've spent quite a lot in recent seasons, more than many other Championship clubs. I'm not sure many people have faith that Russy could get the best out of what he has, even if we gave him another £5m to spend.

Things always go flat when we have a gap of a couple of weeks. Just wait til tomorrow. As soon as we see Ben and Darling trying to pass to each other in our own box it’ll soon get the crowd bouncing.

Swanjaxs said:
Go fùck yourself Todger you insignificant little scroat 👍

This thread is crap. You’re trying to get us to be happy because Cardiff are rubbish.

Says more about you than me. But hey, suck it up :D

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back