• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Absolute rubbish.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Martin will be gone by Christmas the way he's going.

I hope he gets it right but no excuses for that shitshow.

Passing backwards is fine at times so I’m no it going to focus on that but playing without pace or intent is the problem. We’re playing like a team of castrated donkeys, afraid of the opponent and afraid of the ball. F*ck the lot of them, no excuses.

monmouth said:
3swan said:
My bank account is healthier

I'm saving the planet by not travelling

Seriously this football is draining any thought of going to games.

I couldn’t be arsed to travel today. Nice sunny day, nice lunch, bit of gardening. Dodgy stream so only saw bits. Didn’t care. Just like I felt with Cooper. I don’t think I can be described as a fan anymore, if fan is short for fanatic.

Same here, got out of the habit of going over lockdown and the stuff we’re playing at the moment isn’t really enticing me back. I’m more inclined to go to midweek games when I don’t have to give up a whole day.

I’m going to make a statement now with (in all honesty) no stats to back it up, just from watching pretty much every game this season…

Our possession is awful.

Yes, really.

I don’t mean our absolutely pointless, slow, aimless passes at the back, or Grimes receiving the ball just to pass straight back to a defender, or Fisher tapping it backwards and forwards to a defender. I mean PROPER possession.

It feels like as soon as we get towards the halfway line and into the opposition’s half, we absolutely cack ourselves and can barely string two passes together. The players have been conditioned to then pass the ball back to the defenders (rather than take any risks), for the defenders and keeper to fanny around again.

In the ‘process’ (ergh), our possession stats increase, Martin’s eyes light up…and on paper we have ‘The Swansea Way’ back. It couldn’t be further from the truth.

We are toothless and can’t keep the ball (when it matters) to save our lives.

MrSwerve said:
I’m going to make a statement now with (in all honesty) no stats to back it up, just from watching pretty much every game this season…

Our possession is awful.

Yes, really.

I don’t mean our absolutely pointless, slow, aimless passes at the back, or Grimes receiving the ball just to pass straight back to a defender, or Fisher tapping it backwards and forwards to a defender. I mean PROPER possession.

It feels like as soon as we get towards the halfway line and into the opposition’s half, we absolutely cack ourselves and can barely string two passes together. The players have been conditioned to then pass the ball back to the defenders (rather than take any risks), for the defenders and keeper to fanny around again.

In the ‘process’ (ergh), our possession stats increase, Martin’s eyes light up…and on paper we have ‘The Swansea Way’ back. It couldn’t be further from the truth.

Our possession is awful, correct , its fvckin pointless.We are doing absolutely fvck all with it, and I pointed out in the match day thread, that we needed to take the odd risk. Fvckin about across the back, which is getting us into trouble on occasion. Losing the ball, only to be hit on the counter. I'm fvckin bored with it.
Sort it out FFS. Oh! and if you've got any clue as to what plan B might be, sort that out too.

Jack2jack said:
MrSwerve said:

Our possession is awful.

Yes, really.

Our possession is awful, correct , its fvckin pointless.We are doing absolutely fvck all with it, and I pointed out in the match day thread, that we needed to take the odd risk. Fvckin about across the back, which is getting us into trouble on occasion. Losing the ball, only to be hit on the counter. I'm fvckin bored with it.
Sort it out FFS. Oh! and if you've got any clue as to what plan B might be, sort that out too.

At times it does feel like our possession gives more opportunities to the opposition than ourselves

Im in the give him the season camp butlike everyone else thinkI'm slightly wavering, it's become very boring and frustrating watching us, I kinda think I can see what he is trying to achieve, but it's hard and frustrating.
Really hoped that we won yesterday as going into the scum game and even though I'm going to it we would have had a 4 point cushion as I have no confidence in us getting anything there

I've spent most of this season criticising out attackers for not moving or giving the midfielders any options, but it's now at a point it is surely by design. I think the plan is to starve the other team of the ball and surprise them with some sudden movements. That doesn't tend to lead to exciting football, and I was hoping for a bit of excitement after the last couple of years.

Uxy said:
I've spent most of this season criticising out attackers for not moving or giving the midfielders any options, but it's now at a point it is surely by design. I think the plan is to starve the other team of the ball and surprise them with some sudden movements. That doesn't tend to lead to exciting football, and I was hoping for a bit of excitement after the last couple of years.

It’s all by design, except the errors happening because the design over stresses players without the required premier league technique. The issue is, and I reckon now will remain, the design is to bore everyone, including the crowd, into abject submission and loss of any hope and just expect that the opponents switch off and join the catatonia, so let our predictable static attack nick a goal or two.

It’s awful to watch, even when it works.

monmouth said:
Uxy said:

It’s all by design, except the errors happening because the design over stresses players without the required premier league technique. The issue is, and I reckon now will remain, the design is to bore everyone, including the crowd, into abject submission and loss of any hope and just expect that the opponents switch off and join the catatonia, so let our predictable static attack nick a goal or two.

It’s awful to watch, even when it works.

We could have the best defenders from the PL, and the best keeper, and they'd be unable to cope with what we ask them to do. Do worry for Cabango's long term development.

I heard an incredible stat earlier in the week about Potter, that we didn't concede a single goal on the counter during his tenure. His was a style that was similarly possession based but also had a lot more end product. OK he couldn't defend a set piece either, but he didn't hang our defence out to dry.

It's a bit weird reading Martin's most vocal backers talking about how exciting we are to watch. There's been precious few bright spots this season where we have been.

Uxy said:
It's a bit weird reading Martin's most vocal backers talking about how exciting we are to watch. There's been precious few bright spots this season where we have been.

There is nothing exciting about us to watch

There is no movement in the side at all, no pace about pretty much anyone (Obafemi apart but we usually opt for thesafe sideways/backwards pass rather than try the ball he wants to run onto) and we have certainly not made any signs of progression this season.

and after most games we can hear one/several of the following statements

"we are brave in the way we want to play"
"We need to remember we did not have a pre-season"
"We need more time on the grass"
"We are tired, they looked tired out there"
"We all believe in what we are doing"

And my personal favourite "everyone buys into this"

It's not a problem but in a way it is , but should we win in Legoland he'll have hero worship off the scale,it'll mask e everything we all know. Personally I think if we are to win there it'll be down to the scummers bottling it and playing crap. Basically us winning by default. Was confident of a win there a few weeks back, now im not convinced.

sainthelens said:
It's not a problem but in a way it is , but should we win in Legoland he'll have hero worship off the scale,it'll mask e everything we all know. Personally I think if we are to win there it'll be down to the scummers bottling it and playing crap. Basically us winning by default. Was confident of a win there a few weeks back, now im not convinced.

I’m not so sure, Saint. I think it’s gone too far with Russ now…even if we do get the double, I don’t think he’d be seen as a hero.

It’ll certainly help his cause but I don’t think it’ll change much in the grand scheme of things.

MrSwerve said:
sainthelens said:

I’m not so sure, Saint. I think it’s gone too far with Russ now…even if we do get the double, I don’t think he’d be seen as a hero.

It’ll certainly help his cause but I don’t think it’ll change much in the grand scheme of things.

Agree with you , it has gone too far for a lot of the supporters and not even a win in 2 weeks time is going to change the bigger picture. Just hoping as we had a dreadful performance yesterday he may rally everyone and be due a cracking performance up there.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back