• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Alliance Parking - Parking Charge

TimBowen

Youth Team Apprentice
Reaction score
Sorry, but this another parking notice posting.

When I was caught overstaying my parking limit time in the Morfa, on a match-day Saturday some years ago, when I was sent the notice to pay a fine, the consensus of opinion on here was to ignore the charge.

I remember being told they will send a loads of letters, but just throw them in the bin and eventually they will go away. And that is exactly what happened.

Recently, my wife, not realising about the new parking restrictions at Parc Tawe, has now received a parking charge letter from Alliance Parking. Should she adopt the same 'ignore it' advice?

The reason I ask is, I've hear rumours that the law has changed and private companies can obtain successful proceedings against you if you don't comply with a parking notice on 'private land.'

Has anyone got an experience/advice regarding parking notices from these Alliance Parking guys?

TimBowen said:
Sorry, but this another parking notice posting.

When I was caught overstaying my parking limit time in the Morfa, on a match-day Saturday some years ago, when I was sent the notice to pay a fine, the consensus of opinion on here was to ignore the charge.

I remember being told they will send a loads of letters, but just throw them in the bin and eventually they will go away. And that is exactly what happened.

Recently, my wife, not realising about the new parking restrictions at Parc Tawe, has now received a parking charge letter from Alliance Parking. Should she adopt the same 'ignore it' advice?

The reason I ask is, I've hear rumours that the law has changed and private companies can obtain successful proceedings against you if you don't comply with a parking notice on 'private land.'

Has anyone got an experience/advice regarding parking notices from these Alliance Parking guys?

I don't know the answer to your question but if it happened to me I'd ask myself "do I I have space and time in my life to fight this"? Not sure how much your wife's fine is but perhaps there's a discount for prompt payment. We all get aereated about parking firms but I guess if you're honest you know you've contravened the rules and Alliance are just enforcing them, presumably in line with the terms and conditions. The fact that your wife didn't know about the rules is sadly no defence.

I've been caught a few times and I balance up my frustration with the knowledge that I've parked incorrectly loads of times and never been caught.

Sometimes, life is too short

I had one from there in December last year. Didn’t do anything with it, didn’t hear anything else. It’s a risk though, the business model of these companies relies on people paying the charge due to the potential consequences. To keep that threat alive they have to follow many of them up and go all the way with them and they do. And they’re doing it with more than ever now.

I would just pay it, although I know that times are hard. It’s not worth the worry.

MrSwerve said:
I would just pay it, although I know that times are hard. It’s not worth the worry.

Course the other point to consider is that you really don't want to nause up your credit rating

You've got away with it once. It could be you'll get away with it again.
However I'd pay a bit more attention now when parking your car.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back