• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

An embarrassing performance

Magic_Michu

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
I’ll take that win but it doesn’t even begin to paper over the cracks… and when I say cracks I mean The Grand Canyon of cracks

They created good chances as we ball watched again.. not sure actually what happens in midweek training but lots of errors especially Cabango passing from the back again. Saying that it's a win 3 points and nearer safety.

Ringwood Jack said:
They created good chances as we ball watched again.. not sure actually what happens in midweek training but lots of errors especially Cabango passing from the back again. Saying that it's a win 3 points and nearer safety.

You would think that in training our midfielders would be looking for the ball from our central defenders. Makes you wonder what training is apart from a kick about

Honestly guys, the amount of disgruntled people walking out it was as if we lost. If Russ is happy with that, wer in massive trouble. If they kept 11 on the pitch chances are wed have lost. People around us are so pissed off with the team, that a wins a win simply doesn't cut it.
We can play ok for a 20 minute spell, then crumble for 70. This guy will get us relegated next year....end of.

I believe you are right St in that we will be battling relegation soon enough. Hopefully not this season.

Baron Goblet said:
I believe you are right St in that we will be battling relegation soon enough. Hopefully not this season.

We’re likely to be without Manning & Lati at least next season, likely Cundle too and maybe Piroe. We haven’t replaced Obafemi either. We’ve probably done enough to keep ourselves away from the relegation battle for this season but I am worried for next year if we keep going like we are.

3swan said:
You would think that in training our midfielders would be looking for the ball from our central defenders. Makes you wonder what training is apart from a kick about

They do it’s when the opposition stop the ball to Grimes/Fulton that our issues begin. One of our centre half’s has to bring the ball out our wing backs are already bombed on. If we lose the ball then we only have 2 defenders and our defensive shape is non existent

Frenchjack said:
They do it’s when the opposition stop the ball to Grimes/Fulton that our issues begin. One of our centre half’s has to bring the ball out our wing backs are already bombed on. If we lose the ball then we only have 2 defenders and our defensive shape is non existent

"when the opposition stop the ball to Grimes/Fulton that our issues begin"

Yes, so where is the plan, and training to overcome it.

It just seems it's keep the ball adding pressure, or start moving out with it and then lose defensive shape.

There is lack of movement and options

JackFish said:
We’re likely to be without Manning & Lati at least next season, likely Cundle too and maybe Piroe. We haven’t replaced Obafemi either. We’ve probably done enough to keep ourselves away from the relegation battle for this season but I am worried for next year if we keep going like we are.

We'll have an even younger squad, to start the process again.

Frenchjack said:

Martin's master plan doesn't work. He's got a handful of bright ideas copied from successful, fashionable managers, but has crammed them together in a way that doesn't create an advantageous whole. Trying to play out of the back when the wing backs are pushed so high and there's no wide pass available has been the most glaring issue from day one. Clog up the middle of the park and we struggle to go anywhere. Lots of simple turnovers in dangerous areas especially late on. Pass the ball, tire out the opposition Martin says. But opposition teams don't tire if you don't make them run side to side.

It doesn't have to be this way. Burnley play out with fullbacks on the touch line, or actual wingers dropping deep for the ball when fullbacks step inside. Under Potter we played out with a flat back four. But Martin has decided creating pockets of space out wide is a cool idea so that's what he sticks with. You can't pass to a pocket of space. Unless you're Renato Sanches.

Plenty of fans out there still think the master plan is sound, and that we're just failing to execute it due to those evil Yanks not putting enough money in, or blaming weekly individual errors that Martin cannot be blamed for. There are genuinely fans (and some "journalists") that think Martin is the only good thing we have going for us right now.

Are you saying people trudge home after performances like that still believing the coach is an asset to our club?
If so, then things are worse than they seem.

Overwhelming possession sees us losing the lead against ten men who have travelled from Blackpool midweek then have a player sent off.
They then put US under pressure and we scraped a point as they hit the post in the later stages as opposed to Brum who didn’t and went on the win. All this ,right at the death .
Nobody can seriously suggest Martin is right for us .

The players are much better than the performances suggest, possibly with the exception of the back three of Ben, Darling and Woods (who has no business being anywhere near a championship 11). If I was the owners I wouldn’t have given this manager a penny to spend either, he’s had a mare.

Itchysphincter said:
The players are much better than the performances suggest, possibly with the exception of the back three of Ben, Darling and Woods (who has no business being anywhere near a championship 11). If I was the owners I wouldn’t have given this manager a penny to spend either, he’s had a mare.

Midway through the second half, I made much the same comment.

That back 3 are much the same and no dominant player or leader.

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back