• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Andy Murray

Niigata Jack

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Retires, what a Tennis Player he's been, outfukingstanding,

Thanks for the Memories Andy, enjoy your retirement. 👍 👍 👍

I thought he was playing in the mixed doubles with that fit English bird?
No he played in a game of doubles with his brother, but they lost and I think it was pre planned to retire after the game, don't think his injured back will allow him to play another match.
They were all there wishing him well, so I can't see how that would have happened if he was planning to play another match.

Fair play to the lad, he's carried the weight of a nation throughout his career and done so with dignity.
Aye, Scotland.

With England and Wales desperately hanging out of his arse, glory hunting.

Well done Andy, you'll be missed. Have a great retirement, hopefully as a commentator.

Aye, Scotland.

Well done Andy, you'll be missed. Have a great retirement, hopefully as a commentator.
Scottish when he lost, British when he won.

Took a long time for the Wimbledon audience to warm to him properly, Henman was more to their taste, despite his failure to win anything. Unsurprisingly that changed when Murray started winning gold medals and Grand Slams.

Aye, Scotland.

Not sure about glory hunting. I tend to support the great sports people of the United Kingdom on the world stage, regardless of where they were born.

Not sure about glory hunting. I tend to support the great sports people of the United Kingdom on the world stage, regardless of where they were born.
Same here. Although I will admit it made it more enjoyable for me that he is Scottish rather than English. There was clearly plenty of English tennis fans who wanted the first Brit to win a Grand Slam since Fred Perry to be English.

Same here. Although I will admit it made it more enjoyable for me that he is Scottish rather than English. There was clearly plenty of English tennis fans who wanted the first Brit to win a Grand Slam since Fred Perry to be English.
I'm not really bothered about nationality, I lean more towards the person.

I just support great sports people in non team sports. I preferred Bolt to Christie and Federer to Murray if I'm honest. I respect Murray massively though. It's just all relative. tennis players are playing for themselves, their nation is incidental to them, unless you are from Ukraine at the moment.

The Scottish bit earlier was tongue in cheek, but JS is right for any Scottish or Welsh...British, but only if they win.

Scottish when he lost, British when he won.

Took a long time for the Wimbledon audience to warm to him properly, Henman was more to their taste, despite his failure to win anything. Unsurprisingly that changed when Murray started winning gold medals and Grand Slams.
He'd have smashed Henman into oblivion if they had both been around at the same time, Murray was fitter and had far more ability and was/is more likeable than the stuffy Henman.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back