• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Andy Murray

Jack2jack said:
That's incredible, 35 year old, with another slam under his belt, outstanding. 👏👏

Calm down mush it was the second round.

exiledclaseboy said:
Calm down mush it was the second round.
Oh! Just read it again, properly this time.🥴
Still a good effort mind. And relax. 😌

Cooperman said:
He has always appeared a little too dour for my liking, but then again I have never met him in the flesh.

How we rate him in terms of 'Britiain's greatest' all comes down to how we measure success. In terms of pure wins at the top of his sport then he is not the greatest. However, if you consider his endeavour which captures his opponents field and his injury limitations, then this places him very high up the list.

Britain's greatest? Not for me.
To be fair, what he went through as a child would make anyone dour and cynical.

Cooperman said:
He has always appeared a little too dour for my liking, but then again I have never met him in the flesh.

How we rate him in terms of 'Britiain's greatest' all comes down to how we measure success. In terms of pure wins at the top of his sport then he is not the greatest. However, if you consider his endeavour which captures his opponents field and his injury limitations, then this places him very high up the list.

Britain's greatest? Not for me.

He’d fit in well with all the miserable c*nts on here lately.

The greatest, no question.

Although I’m now trying to explain to people why Andy Murray would absolutely ruin Fred Perry if we were able to put prime Perry vs prime Murray.

Would be an embarrassing, but interesting watch.

Murray the greatest British sportsman of all time, and I don’t think it’s particularly close.

Comparing eras and sports is pointless. He plays Tennis, Hamilton drives, Bale plays football etc etc. Perry with todays fitness and conditioning and racquets, not near Murray in all probability, but who knows. You can only beat what’s in front of you and mostly Murray couldn’t, however unlucky he was to have those 3 around. I’m sure there’s an argument for Hendry or O’Sullivan if you treat ‘sports’ on an equal basis. Or one of the squash boys, or Redgrave etc etc.

He would certainly be voted Britains greatest ever sportsman, which isn’t the same thing, because there’s no such thing.

So there.

BanosSwan said:
To be fair, what he went through as a child would make anyone dour and cynical.

Somehow I wasn’t aware of what you are referring to, so I went and read up on it.

monmouth said:
Comparing eras and sports is pointless. He plays Tennis, Hamilton drives, Bale plays football etc etc. Perry with todays fitness and conditioning and racquets, not near Murray in all probability, but who knows. You can only beat what’s in front of you and mostly Murray couldn’t, however unlucky he was to have those 3 around. I’m sure there’s an argument for Hendry or O’Sullivan if you treat ‘sports’ on an equal basis. Or one of the squash boys, or Redgrave etc etc.

He would certainly be voted Britains greatest ever sportsman, which isn’t the same thing, because there’s no such thing.

So there.

Phil Taylor (cough). Fourteen world titles, played in fourteen consecutive finals, thirteen years as world #1, including an eight year stretch as #1.

Which sportsperson has accolades to match these?

He'll never win a slam

aberdulais_jack c.2011

TheGoodDoctor said:
Murray the greatest British sportsman of all time, and I don’t think it’s particularly close.

Jocky Wilson by a country mile,I can’t see Murray winning a slam after 15 pints myself.

TheLoneRanger said:
His grandfather Roy Erskine was at Hibs.

Screenshot_20230121-112213~2.png

Bloody hell he's the spit of his grandfather fair play.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back