• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Andy Murray

Niigata Jack said:
PSumbler said:
Absolutely at 2-1 down I thought he was done but there are signs of the Murray of old in the last half hour - superb to watch

What a performance in that last set, outstanding.
Some think Murray won't win a set in the next round, he should win a set on a grass court shouldn't he ?, we will see.

Trampie said:
Swanjaxs is the Graf fans tooled up comment lost on you ?

No mate, I remember someone getting stabbed a few years ago, not massively into tennis so I'm guessing it was a German who did the stabbing 👍

Swanjaxs said:
Trampie said:
Swanjaxs is the Graf fans tooled up comment lost on you ?

No mate, I remember someone getting stabbed a few years ago, not massively into tennis so I'm guessing it was a German who did the stabbing 👍
Monica Seles was set to dominate, I think she had beaten Graf 3 times out of the last 4 meetings and a Graf fan made sure Steffi got back to number one by stabbing Monica on court.

Seles was never quite the same again unfortunately.

Murray critics always make me laugh. First it was the argument he wasn't very good because he hadn't won a Grand Slam. Then he wasn't very good because he hadn't won multiple Grand Slams. Then he wasn't very good because he hadn't won as many as Federer, Nadal or Djokovic. They'll continually change the criteria because they hate him for some reason. Now it's because he's not as good as he was due to age and injury.

Especially laughable because presumably many of these would be old enough to remember the days when a Brit reaching the second week of a Grand Slam was a major shock. Or certainly old enough to remember the desperate hopes that Henman would win Wimbledon, when he was clearly not good enough and probably outperformed realistic expectations by reaching a Semi Final. Then along comes a guy good enough to win 3 Grand Slams and 2 Olympic Gold medals, plus lead Great Britain to a hugely unlikely Davis Cup win, all while competing against 3 players who are amongst the best all time in the history of the sport.

Perhaps when he and Dan Evans (who has almost certainly peaked too late in his career sadly) are retired and we're back to no Brits reaching the second week, these blinkered people will realise we never had it so good?

I wouldn't confuse people disliking Murray's personality for thinking all those people thought he was not a top player, Murray was an excellent player as borne out by his multiple grand slam titles.

Cameron Norrie has a real chance to knock out Federer and put a rocket on his career

Dan Evans has a decent chance to make the Quarter Final aswell

JustJack said:
Cameron Norrie has a real chance to knock out Federer and put a rocket on his career

Dan Evans has a decent chance to make the Quarter Final aswell

I agree on both your observations.

Murray to lose his next match and what about this Emma Raducanu to cause an upset next up, she looked good today.

Murray hammered a real beating from a young up and coming player.

Trampie said:
Murray hammered a real beating from a young up and coming player.

Was always the most likely result at this stage of Murray's comeback. Very encouraging week for him though, if he can stay injury free for the next year I wouldn't be surprised to see him right back in the mix to win major tournaments.

Andy Murray is a great Tennis player. It's sheer misfortune that he was in his prime at the exact same time as the three best players in the history of the sport.

Had he been around at any other time he'd be retiring with a lot more slams under his belt.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back