• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Any thoughts on this...

• Thread starter Belfy
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 21
  • Views: Views 5,067
jack123 said:
Nothing wrong with saying 'all lives matter'..As far as reparations and blm, well they are a disgrace!!

The thing is, when you say "all lives matter", it shows that you don't understand what "black lives matter" means.

karnataka said:
jack123 said:
Nothing wrong with saying 'all lives matter'..As far as reparations and blm, well they are a disgrace!!

The thing is, when you say "all lives matter", it shows that you don't understand what "black lives matter" means.

That's a good point, but I think it all depends on what context it is used! At certain times, it may be inappropriate to say it, but not all the time.

jack123 said:
karnataka said:

That's a good point, but I think it all depends on what context it is used! At certain times, it may be inappropriate to say it, but not all the time.

Well, it's not a good point, it's pretty much the only point so you'll have to be more specific by giving an example where "all lives matter" is appropriate and one where it is not.

karnataka said:
jack123 said:

Well, it's not a good point, it's pretty much the only point so you'll have to be more specific by giving an example where "all lives matter" is appropriate and one where it is not.

Well it's a bit complex, I will attempt to explain it in the future, Iv'e had a few beers now, and I just know i will put my foot it in it.. but I do think what I said is correct, and there are times when you can say it.. I will get rid of one answer straight away, one example of where NOT to say all lives matter would be in front of 500 blm protestors.. I will get to the other one again.

To some of the lefty loons and virtue signallers on here, just be very careful what you wish for

https://twitter.com/BritishVogue/status/1292039426902818817

jack123 said:
To some of the lefty loons and virtue signallers on here, just be very careful what you wish for

https://twitter.com/BritishVogue/status/1292039426902818817

The question you should be asking is why does anyone feel this is needed? The A level (soon to be dwarfed by GCSE) results fiasco is exactly the kind of barrier that BLM are protesting against. An institutional barrier, but in this case based on where you are schooled. I personally think it’s not needed, but can see why people would consider this when access to ‘top’ universities seems a problem. I would argue it’s probably not.

As for the original post- it’s an extreme view and counterpoint to things like KKK and white supremacy movements. Not really going to help the overall causes of BLM.

Not sure where the idea of parts of the U.K. are ‘gripped by Shariah law’ comes from. Worth looking at the 2018 independent government report on this. There are Islamic councils (around 50) whom have powers of arbitration on civil law matters such as neighbourly disputes, inheritance and financial issues (often relating to loans made under Shariah systems). None of these can override English or Scottish law and cannot make any judgement on criminal cases. They cannot act as a court. The other area they act in is on divorce as a standard U.K. family law
Court may grant a civil divorce but this is not seem as valid by Islam. As such the councils may act grant religious divorce as recognised by Islam. They cannot and are not being allowed to act as a magistrate’s or
Crown court. In fact there is a good argument such a system has some value in arbitration of such minor disputes

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back