• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Anyone else just not ‘feeling it’ this year?

Niigata Jack said:
Neath_Jack said:
Writing and updating policies and procedures, risk assessments etc. Logging every case, and then tracing all their workplace contacts etc. Completely taken over my working time.

They've sent me links to to track and trace, but I haven't done anything with them, been a bit under the weather to fill out forums etc, I recording my result and that's it, guess they'll get in touch tomorrow,

They got in touch with my Mrs straight away on the day she had her positive result and rang me the same afternoon. Just booked my follow up pcr for tomorrow. In fecking Baglan of all places.

exiledclaseboy said:
Niigata Jack said:
They've sent me links to to track and trace, but I haven't done anything with them, been a bit under the weather to fill out forums etc, I recording my result and that's it, guess they'll get in touch tomorrow,

They got in touch with my Mrs straight away on the day she had her positive result and rang me the same afternoon. Just booked my follow up pcr for tomorrow. In fecking Baglan of all places.

I had a few rough days, terrible headaches worst of it all is being stuck in a bedroom all day everyday, my mother passed a few weeks ago so this is the last thing I need, ain't seen Father since a week yday, got to keep myself to myself because of my youngest, its a pain.

Niigata Jack said:
exiledclaseboy said:

I had a few rough days, terrible headaches worst of it all is being stuck in a bedroom all day everyday, my mother passed a few weeks ago so this is the last thing I need, ain't seen Father since a week yday, got to keep myself to myself because of my youngest, its a pain.

Yeah that just makes the timing worse, sorry to hear about your mam mate. Mrs ECB and I have been essentially living separate lives since she tested positive, I’ve been sleeping in one of the spare rooms and if she’s been in the living room I’ve stayed in the kitchen etc. First meal we ate together for over a week was Christmas dinner yesterday. Miraculously I seem to have swerved it up to now so it can be done. My bro sat in the same car as his fiancée for five hours after she tested positive and lived in the same house for 10 days and didn’t pick it up. Similarly my mate’s teenage daughter had it and the other three in the house didn’t get it. All seems a bit random.

Sincere Congratulations to them for working so hard over Christmas.

But to answer Mr Swerve's original question, yes, it's been a forgettable Christmas for me. As a west Londoner, I had been planning to go to QPR and Millwall and that didn't happen. Otherwise it's damp and dreary and there's no family to argue with :( Where are the right wing racist trolls when you need them?

exiledclaseboy said:
Niigata Jack said:

Yeah that just makes the timing worse, sorry to hear about your mam mate. Mrs ECB and I have been essentially living separate lives since she tested positive, I’ve been sleeping in one of the spare rooms and if she’s been in the living room I’ve stayed in the kitchen etc. First meal we ate together for over a week was Christmas dinner yesterday. Miraculously I seem to have swerved it up to now so it can be done. My bro sat in the same car as his fiancée for five hours after she tested positive and lived in the same house for 10 days and didn’t pick it up. Similarly my mate’s teenage daughter had it and the other three in the house didn’t get it. All seems a bit random.

Cheers for the condolences.
Yeah, its a strange illness, the Wife and friends of ours caught Covid after working on covid ward and was very ill with it for weeks, but surprisingly my mate and his son and daughter living in same house avoided catching it, some people must have a trigger that it catches whilst others it doesn't, bit unexplainable to be fair.
My Mrs took a LFT somorning and it was clear, so hopefully we going in the right direction.

Quiet one for me as well this year, it's my 51st today and I have had only the one beer. Not really in the mood for it to be honest. Just feel tired still from the booster last Thursday.

Ebo said:
Quiet one for me as well this year, it's my 51st today and I have had only the one beer. Not really in the mood for it to be honest. Just feel tired still from the booster last Thursday.
Happy B'day YJB, take it easy👍

Most bizarre thing I saw on social media yesterday was people putting up pictures of their LFT results. How insensitive is that?

Fucking gaping arseholes.

Ebo said:
Most bizarre thing I saw on social media yesterday was people putting up pictures of their LFT results. How insensitive is that?

f*****g gaping arseholes.

Why’s that insensitive?

If someone had covid 10 days ago, is it safe to mix with them or do you need to wait until a negative test before mixing with people.

I have been told tests could show positive for well over a month after initial covid positive test.

How long is it infectious ? Your answers will effect how " I am feeling it " this year.

Why bother with NHS helpline, or government guidelines when I have you all as a source of info.? Answer, you generally get to the point quicker and I am too lazy to ring and dont wish to bother 111.

WalterBoyd said:
If someone had covid 10 days ago, is it safe to mix with them or do you need to wait until a negative test before mixing with people.

I have been told tests could show positive for well over a month after initial covid positive test.

How long is it infectious ? Your answers will effect how " I am feeling it " this year.

Why bother with NHS helpline, or government guidelines when I have you all as a source of info.? Answer, you generally get to the point quicker and I am too lazy to ring and dont wish to bother 111.

We’ve checked this out to make sure before my wife ventures out on Tuesday. Once your 10 days us up you don’t need to carry on isolating unless you still feel unwell and have symptoms. Those symptoms don’t include the cough and/or loss of smell and taste which can linger for a few weeks. You don’t need to have a negative test before ending isolation. Chances are once you’ve had COVID LFTs can still show as positive for a while due to residual virus in the system. That can last for up to three months apparently. Once the 10 days is up you’re good to go.

WalterBoyd said:

You're fine to crack on with it.

In England Self Isolation period is now 7 days subject to a negative LFT, in Wales it’s still 10 days. No sure if the reason for the difference is scientific and based on safety, infection etc or if it's just an attempt to get people back to work sooner.
One of my lot has had Covid again, they’ve been told no PCR’s for 90 days as it still may give a positive reading.
I’d say based on the 10 days etc, it’s safe to mix with them, but if it were me I’d play it safe and wait an extra day or two, especially if I or I was close to someone who was at increased risk, vulnerable, underlying condition If you’re going to their house, make sure it’s had a decent clean!

Neath_Jack said:
WalterBoyd said:

You're fine to crack on with it.

Much more succinct. :lol:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back