• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Anyone else just not ‘feeling it’ this year?

Thanks neath_jack, ecb, and major for your feedback and guidance. Much appreciated.

I do find the 'official' guidance all too confusing.

I will crack on with it.

You could and should set up the 5th emergency service between you. Sense and clear guidelines at last.

WalterBoyd said:
Thanks neath_jack, ecb, and major for your feedback and guidance. Much appreciated.

I do find the 'official' guidance all too confusing.

I will crack on with it.

You could and should set up the 5th emergency service between you. Sense and clear guidelines at last.

"Sense and clear guidelines"...

A clear breach of Planet Swans guidelines! Ban the three of them I say 😡

exiledclaseboy said:
WalterBoyd said:
If someone had covid 10 days ago, is it safe to mix with them or do you need to wait until a negative test before mixing with people.

I have been told tests could show positive for well over a month after initial covid positive test.

How long is it infectious ? Your answers will effect how " I am feeling it " this year.

Why bother with NHS helpline, or government guidelines when I have you all as a source of info.? Answer, you generally get to the point quicker and I am too lazy to ring and dont wish to bother 111.

We’ve checked this out to make sure before my wife ventures out on Tuesday. Once your 10 days us up you don’t need to carry on isolating unless you still feel unwell and have symptoms. Those symptoms don’t include the cough and/or loss of smell and taste which can linger for a few weeks. You don’t need to have a negative test before ending isolation. Chances are once you’ve had COVID LFTs can still show as positive for a while due to residual virus in the system. That can last for up to three months apparently. Once the 10 days is up you’re good to go.

That's interesting, as Mrs wanted me to take a test today, I started showing symptoms last Tuesday, so 6th day today. so I didn't bother, she said if its clear you can come out of isolation. I said I don't think I can and I won't take the risk with my lad, even though he's had all his jabs.

Niigata Jack said:
exiledclaseboy said:
We’ve checked this out to make sure before my wife ventures out on Tuesday. Once your 10 days us up you don’t need to carry on isolating unless you still feel unwell and have symptoms. Those symptoms don’t include the cough and/or loss of smell and taste which can linger for a few weeks. You don’t need to have a negative test before ending isolation. Chances are once you’ve had COVID LFTs can still show as positive for a while due to residual virus in the system. That can last for up to three months apparently. Once the 10 days is up you’re good to go.

That's interesting, as Mrs wanted me to take a test today, I started showing symptoms last Tuesday, so 6th day today. so I didn't bother, she said if its clear you can come out of isolation. I said I don't think I can and I won't take the risk with my lad, even though he's had all his jabs.

Your 10 days start from when your pcr test proves positive mate 👍

Swanjaxs said:
Niigata Jack said:

I thought it was from when I first started showing symptoms, which was last Tuesday did a LFT that evening, which was positive, had PCR then on Wednesday morning. PCR result came back Friday morning.

So after 10 days, no longer infectious, even if showing positive .

Happy days.

That has cheered me up. A game changer.

Niigata Jack said:
Swanjaxs said:

I thought it was from when I first started showing symptoms, which was last Tuesday did a LFT that evening, which was positive, had PCR then on Wednesday morning. PCR result came back Friday morning.

It's 10 days from Friday unfortunately mate 😑

I had it in November. The day after my booster the symptoms started and I was pretty rough for three days. I thought it was a reaction to the booster until wife became ill and she hadn't had the booster so we did LFTs and that evening PCRs and all were positive.
They then phone you to confirm and we were told that the 10 days start from the day of the first symptoms, not the positive test.

Swanjaxs said:
Niigata Jack said:

It's 10 days from Friday unfortunately mate, officially you don't have to self isolate until your pcr results come back positive 😑

Just checked on app and its saying I've 6 days left, it ends on 31st at 23:59 of all dates and especially the time.

Swanjaxs said:
Niigata Jack said:

The way I read the guidance is that it’s 10 days from the day you first had symptoms.

https://gov.wales/self-isolation

MajorR said:
Swanjaxs said:

The way I read the guidance is that it’s 10 days from the day you first had symptoms.

I just checked on this

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-and-treatment/how-long-to-self-isolate/#:~:text=If%20you%20test%20positive%2C%20your,day

J_B said:
I had it in November. The day after my booster the symptoms started and I was pretty rough for three days. I thought it was a reaction to the booster until wife became ill and she hadn't had the booster so we did LFTs and that evening PCRs and all were positive.
They then phone you to confirm and we were told that the 10 days start from the day of the first symptoms, not the positive test.

I had booster on Friday 17th and came down with it on 21st, nasty cough not a dry one though and a bad headache, was rough for 3/4 days, been ok since.

MajorR said:
Swanjaxs said:

Just as well I don't work for the NHS then! I'll stick to my day job 🙈

Swanjaxs said:
Niigata Jack said:

The 10 days starts when symptoms started if you have symptoms. If asymptomatic, that’s when the 10 days starts from the positive test.

Niigata Jack said:
J_B said:

I had booster on Friday 17th and came down with it on 21st, nasty cough not a dry one though and a bad headache, was rough for 3/4 days, been ok since.

You’d think you’d be used to that with all the ale you drink.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back