• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Apple TV.

Lifelong

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
Been asked if you can stream the Swans games from the Swans app on your iPad or iPhone to Apple TV?

We downloaded the Apple TV app last night, cos we’ve got a year’s subscription free with a new phone. So, do you mean Apple TV as in the app we installed last night, or a television manufactured by/for Apple?

airedale said:
We downloaded the Apple TV app last night, cos we’ve got a year’s subscription free with a new phone. So, do you mean Apple TV as in the app we installed last night, or a television manufactured by/for Apple?

Apparently there are Apple TV boxes you can buy ,similar to a firestick,which you can download apps to and then play them on your tv. The person asking is a paid up season ticket holder who has sight problems and it would be beneficial to her to be able to watch the games on her tv. She wants to buy one of these boxes but has been told that you can’t download the Swans app to it in order to watch the games.
Does anyone know if this is correct please.

Lifelong said:
airedale said:

Apparently there are Apple TV boxes you can buy ,similar to a firestick,which you can download apps to and then play them on your tv. The person asking is a paid up season ticket holder who has sight problems and it would be beneficial to her to be able to watch the games on her tv. She wants to buy one of these boxes but has been told that you can’t download the Swans app to it in order to watch the games.
Does anyone know if this is correct please.

Oh right. I’m no expert, but I assume (rightly or wrongly) that you use a browser to access the Swans website, which contains the
swans TV facility. I use a laptop connected to the TV via a HDMI cable. I know that some tellies (Android?) contain a web browser which could be used to access the Swans website, thereby allowing access to Swans TV. Ownership of such a telly would presumably allow one to watch Pay Per View matches too.

You can definitely watch Swans TV on iPhone/iPad, done it. I do remember reading something when last season started up that it wouldn’t be available through Apple TV but ignored it as I don’t use Apple TV to stream but I do use it for screen mirroring. If you go to control centre on your iphone and choose mirroring it is the same as using a Chromecast so whatever you see on your phone screen goes through your network to your Apple TV box and on to your screen through HDMI.

Itchysphincter said:
You can definitely watch Swans TV on iPhone/iPad, done it. I do remember reading something when last season started up that it wouldn’t be available through Apple TV but ignored it as I don’t use Apple TV to stream but I do use it for screen mirroring. If you go to control centre on your iphone and choose mirroring it is the same as using a Chromecast so whatever you see on your phone screen goes through your network to your Apple TV box and on to your screen through HDMI.

Thank you.👍

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back