• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Bands or artists you just don't get

Professor

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
May be hugely popular or critically acclaimed but you just don't get them. Not talking about dislike, or genres you may dislike whether than is rap, metal or classic rock, but a band or singer that leaves you thinking 'Why?"

For me: Rage Against the Machine.

Just don't get it.

Professor said:

Wash your mouth out !!

Great live as well. One of the best headline sets I saw at Reading.

dailew said:
Professor said:

Wash your mouth out !!

Was there. Found them rather dull. RHCP the same.

Depeche Mode.
I know a lot of posters on here are huge fans, but they don’t rock my boat in the slightest.
My record collection goes from Barry Manilow, at one extreme, to Iron Maiden and plenty of diversity in between.
Just never saw anything in Depeche Mode.

Muteswan said:
Depeche Mode.
I know a lot of posters on here are huge fans, but they don’t rock my boat in the slightest.
My record collection goes from Barry Manilow, at one extreme, to Iron Maiden and plenty of diversity in between.
Just never saw anything in Depeche Mode.

Can’t believe I have just posted that I have Barry Manilow albums 😂 I was a lot younger then.

Professor said:
dailew said:
Wash your mouth out !!

Was there. Found them rather dull. RHCP the same.

Just shows how subjective musical taste is.

At festivals it's also very dependant on whether you can get a good sound. Makes a huge difference. Got a good position for Slayer there, and they were superb. Do nothing for me on their records.

Reading is notorious for bad sound. Beats me why a lot of people go there TBH.

Muteswan said:
Depeche Mode.

Good shout. #metoo

They had the odd good song though.

https://youtu.be/darz4vJ4Ko8?t=164

Just my personal opinion, however,There is one group I just don't get, never have and don't think i ever will........
The Beatles, yep, i've said it, I know i'm a philistine, and dont understand their contribution
to popular culture, blah, blah, blah, yawn, etc etc. but there it is.

Oasis

Ripped off every Beatles song badly and the two brothers are just odious idiots.

Teenage Fanclub were far better but got the critical acclaim rather than the commercial success.

I’ll add Gerry Cinammon to. Repulsive

Ebo said:
Oasis

Ripped off every Beatles song badly and the two brothers are just odious idiots.

Teenage Fanclub were far better but got the critical acclaim rather than the commercial success.

They have done some cracking stuff mind, but as you say a bit like marmite.

Ebo said:
Oasis

Jack2jack said:
Ebo said:
Oasis

Oasis and radiohead are the only two great bands since the 1970 s

Jack2jack said:
Just my personal opinion, however,There is one group I just don't get, never have and don't think i ever will........
The Beatles,

Stuart Maconie always says that people that say that only do it for effect. Not me, of course.

There must be something in their oeuvre that you like?

It's a pretty wide canon of work.

Some people even claim they did some early heavy metal with "Helter Skelter".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWW2SzoAXMo

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back