• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Bands or artists you just don't get

Neath_Jack said:
Pink Floyd
Muse
The Cure
The Cult
Manics.

Now while i list those, apart from Muse I do like some of the stuff they've done. I just don't get the adulation they have had over the years.

In amongst the odd tidy song, I find most of the rest of their stuff absolute shite.

How very dare you The Cult are the greatest, just what is it you don't like about them, proper rock n f*cking roll band Astbury is kin awesome, They've never been given the rock god status they've deserved, saw them in Oct at scumdiff uni and they we're amazing still!!! your off my xmas card list now mush, I like Floyd, but will give you the others.

This board needs a down arrow button :D

Epaul said:
Neath_Jack said:
Pink Floyd
Muse
The Cure
The Cult
Manics.

Now while i list those, apart from Muse I do like some of the stuff they've done. I just don't get the adulation they have had over the years.

In amongst the odd tidy song, I find most of the rest of their stuff absolute shite.

How very dare you The Cult are the greatest, just what is it you don't like about them, proper rock n f*cking roll band Astbury is kin awesome, They've never been given the rock god status they've deserved, saw them in Oct at scumdiff uni and they we're amazing still!!! your off my xmas card list now mush, I like Floyd, but will give you the others.

I remember see the Cult there in 1985. Good too. Enjoyed The Fall the night before in Bristol more. Sandwiched in between was the Ton Pentre v Weymouth FA Cup game - which was Taffpunk’s wedding day. A great ‘triple header” weekend

The Manics

Cant believe anyone would include the Smiths or the Stones in this thread.

Freddie Mercury and his band Queen, never appealed to me, but obviously did to millions of others.

Epaul said:
Neath_Jack said:
Pink Floyd
Muse
The Cure
The Cult
Manics.

Sorry Paul, just "don't get them" :D

She Sells Sanctuary, is a foot tapper, but the rest is generic.

No offence :mrgreen:

My tastes range from Abba to ZZ Top , including some Manilow stuff as mentioned earlier , have seen him live recently and a good show .

This will not go down well with some , but never got into U2 or Bruce Springsteen to a big extent , Born to Run was a brilliant single mind .

Robbie said:
My tastes range from Abba to ZZ Top , including some Manilow stuff as mentioned earlier , have seen him live recently and a good show .

This will not go down well with some , but never got into U2 or Bruce Springsteen to a big extent , Born to Run was a brilliant single mind .

I don’t get The Boss either. I like him and admire him, but He don’t do it for me.

Somehow , Bono , Springsteen and even Bob Geldof decided politics was a better mouthpiece rather than music .

Early Boomtown Rats stuff was awesome , similar to The Undertones ? . Cannot be criticised for his Live Aid efforts though .

Neath_Jack said:
Epaul said:

Sorry Paul, just "don't get them" :D

She Sells Sanctuary, is a foot tapper, but the rest is generic.

No offence :mrgreen:

I don't get the generic tag, they are rock n roll, by that assumption you can't like anything heavy/rockish they're certainly not metal, ah well opinions aye :D :D

Iron Maiden
Take That
The Stone Roses
Ed Sheeran
Elton John

Any person regardless of musical taste who gets on a stage and plays to anyone is deserving of appreciation. As long of course they can actually play.

Best_loser said:
Pink Floyd

A good band

But I don't get what the fuss is about

My view on them exactly. It's the same with Rush for me. Great musicians, just always been less than whelmed by their stuff.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back