• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Bands or artists you just don't get

Ebo said:
Professor said:
The Cocteau Twins were one of my favourite bands in the 1980s, though less keen on the post-4AD stuff. Indirectly got me into Big Star via the first 'This Mortal Coil" LP. Liz Frazer's version of Roy Harper's 'Another Day' on that is amazing. I'm also of the school of "Pet Sounds' though like the Beatles too. And the Stones for good measure.

I’m good mates with Simon Raymonde. Runs Bella Union label and manages Penelope Isles these days.

Knew about Bella Union, but not the other. He really improved them after the first LP and early EPs. I always though Robin Guthrie lacked a bit of discipline/craft which came in the more complex arrangements from "Treasure" through to "Heaven or Las Vegas" which I think Simon brought.

Stuart21 said:
Saw R.E.M Cardiff in 1995, they were dire, completely blown off stage by the Cranberries and Del Amitri.

Very odd, because after Green Day at the Brixton Academy, REM's "Green" gig at the Newport Centre in 1989 is the second best I've ever seen.

BrynCartwright said:
Stuart21 said:
Saw R.E.M Cardiff in 1995, they were dire, completely blown off stage by the Cranberries and Del Amitri.

Very odd, because after Green Day at the Brixton Academy, REM's "Green" gig at the Newport Centre in 1989 is the second best I've ever seen.

I was there Bryn. Best I have seen that night. Were poor in 1995

If there is a hell, it will be where you are locked in a room with endless Cliff Richard records being played over hidden loudspeakers and you can't do anything about it.......
:dizzy_face: :japanese_ogre:

I’m a big fan of The Beatles, but never really got The Rolling Stones. Nothing to do with the rivalry or whatever, just never seemed to enjoy their music when I’ve listened to them. Always felt that I should have liked their music.

MrSwerve said:
I’m a big fan of The Beatles, but never really got The Rolling Stones. Nothing to do with the rivalry or whatever, just never seemed to enjoy their music when I’ve listened to them. Always felt that I should have liked their music.

I’m not a huge Stones fan but I’ve seen them a few times and they’re outstanding live.

Pegojack said:
If there is a hell, it will be where you are locked in a room with endless Cliff Richard records being played over hidden loudspeakers and you can't do anything about it.......
:dizzy_face: :japanese_ogre:

I saw Cliff and The Shadows once they were on the bill at Knebworth 1990 and I have to say they were great fun but we were a bit stoned. 🙄

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XiKbcDmr-Kw

Darran said:
MrSwerve said:

I’m not a huge Stones fan but I’ve seen them a few times and they’re outstanding live.

Gimme Shelter is one of the greatest songs of all time.

Dr. Winston said:
Radiohead - Lost it after The Bends. First two albums were great. Everything from OK Computer onwards a bit dull.

Sterophonics - Can't say I ever listen to anything released after Performance & Cocktails, and that came out more than 20 years ago.

Elvis Presley - Kudos for being firstish I guess. Otherwise there are thousands of much better singers and performers than him. Most of them didn't diddle kids either.

Nah no way. They would not have lasted RW hashing the bends over and over. OK computer is a classic as well as Kid A. Moon shaped pool is a beautiful album.

Darran said:
Thrasher said:
Ultravox, Depeche Mode, Status Quo, Cheap Trick...sure there are many more...

Fucking idiot.

Great to see that fishing is still alive and well in South West Wales. You can cast out and still get the odd bite....lovely

There are a great many artists that I don't like but in most cases, I do kinda get what it is that other people see in them so in those cases, I do 'get' them, but what other people see in them doesn't do anything for me. The major exception to this is Prince.

Muse
Spice girls
Kings of Leon

99 percent of bands have a few absolute bangers, very few are consistently great.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back