• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Beaten by the better side

PencoedJack

First Team Player
Reaction score
We gave it a go 2nd half but Brentford are a very decent side.

I’d say good luck to them but their gaffer has no class, shame Tatey didn’t butt him towards the end.

Have a good few weeks off fellow Jacks & stay safe 👍

Absolutely agree, plus if we'd sneaked up, we'd be challenging Derby for the record.

Try and retain as many of the squad as we can and keep building.

PencoedJack said:

I’d say good luck to them but their gaffer has no class, shame Tatey didn’t butt him towards the end.

Yep, did well to make the playoffs. No disgrace losing to a better side.

All in all a decent season.

PencoedJack said:

You too, Pencoed :fingers_crossed_tone3:

Seems strange to be going into August as the close season but totally agree over two legs we lost to the better side

We can hold our heads high over the season - just over 6 weeks and we go again

We didn't put up much of a fight in the first half. Defensively we were crap. Why drop Cabango? We gave them far too much room. Grimes had a shocking performance. The better team won but we didnt help ourselves. Hope Fulham stuff them in the final.

I don't think there was much doubt about that.
The only thing for me was we had got our noses in front.
Therefore why the hell did we go for it from the off, not keep our shape and make them play in front of us?
We needed that for at least half an hour to take the sting out of the game.
The first half goals both came from counter attacks whilst we were rushing back into defence.
That in turn became unavoidable as we chased the game.
They were a better side but our tactics left a lot to be desired.
Stay safe for the close season YJB. See you next, God willing.

Connor Robert’s yellow was well worth it. Pity it wasn’t a red for knocking his chewing gum back down his throat. Their manager does their club no credit. Brentford fair enough, better team won.

Losing 3-2 over 2 legs to a side that finished 11 points in front of us, having a manager who is clearly still learning along with a young side.....its probably the best we could have hoped for. As PJ says, Brentford are a better side , but the manager I'd a total cvnt. So will be wishing Fulham well in the final.
Enjoy the summer gents. Stay safe. And if there is 1 positive....at least we have the derbies to look forward too.

Agree with all of that. But still hope they lose in the final. Or if they go up, they get battered each week, come straight back down and their new stand's roof blows off. Fk em. Listening to the commentator and Mick McCarthy licking their virtual ring pieces for two matches has pissed me right off.

PencoedJack said:

Agreed lucky to keep them down to three than Benrahma hit the inside of the post and came out, had a good chance and blasted it over the bar, and a curler just over at the end, he will probably get a move even if they are promoted.

sainthelens said:
Losing 3-2 over 2 legs to a side that finished 11 points in front of us, having a manager who is clearly still learning along with a young side.....its probably the best we could have hoped for. As PJ says, Brentford are a better side , but the manager I'd a total cvnt. So will be wishing Fulham well in the final.
Enjoy the summer gents. Stay safe. And if there is 1 positive....at least we have the derbies to look forward too.

Cnut or not a far better manager. Miles better as is their recruitment people.

Sa2 jack said:
sainthelens said:

Cnut or not a far better manager. Miles better as is their recruitment people.

Thier recruitment has been unbelievable and they booted their academy, surely clubs will copy this strategy now?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back