• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Benda to Fulham

He played half a season as first choice until he was injured at QPR and did OK, no better than that for me.
There's no way he'll play at Fulham with Leno there.
I could understand him wanting away if he was going as first choice but I can't see this helping his career - financially he'll be better off but that's about it.

If Benda isn't going to be fit til Christmas then I guess we are no worse off than before - we are still one bad tackle away from Fisher being our first (and at this rate potentially only) choice for keeper. Does not instill me with confidence.

I've never seen anything to suggest he's worth keeping on.

If Fulham are paying us to have a gamble on him then have at it. Very poor with his distribution and has more gaffes than people care to remember (nowhere near as many as Fisher Price for clarification).

Do any of our U-21 keepers compare well with Benda?

If so, seems like easy money to take $1 million for a back-up keeper that's soon to be out of contract and coming back from serious injury.

Aside from Fisher, Lewis Webb is the only other first-team keeper outside of Benda and Rushworth, and he's out on loan.

Vorm never came back from his injury. Never the same, so who knows with Benda. I liked him pre injury and thought it would work out for him, but it looks like it never will at Swansea. So all said and done, a million can’t be sniffed at. I think if things had gone differently he’d be worth multiples of that.

FearOfAJackPlanet said:
Do any of our U-21 keepers compare well with Benda?

If so, seems like easy money to take $1 million for a back-up keeper that's soon to be out of contract and coming back from serious injury.

None of the recent signings have looked up to much. Archie Matthews had a serious injury (ACL?). Evan Watts is the best prospect we have and he missed a year or so with knee issues, really hasn't played much football and only turns 19 next month. Lewis Webb hasn't really kicked on since we signed him.

monmouth said:
Vorm never came back from his injury. Never the same, so who knows with Benda. I liked him pre injury and thought it would work out for him, but it looks like it never will at Swansea. So all said and done, a million can’t be sniffed at. I think if things had gone differently he’d be worth multiples of that.

Vorm always seemed afraid to dive quite so acrobatically as he used to after that injury.
A lot of sports call it the yips - a mental block that stops them doing something they could before even when fully healed

I'd like to think we are speaking to Fulham about a player coming the other way in this window

I really liked him as a keeper. All keepers seem to be flawed in one way of another but that aside he looked the real deal to me and I’m not surprised in the slightest that he’s gone up a league. I wish him all the best.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back