• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Bersant Celina

BrynCartwright

Mel Nurse
Reaction score
... scored the winner today for Ipswich against Fleetwood. He is on loan from Dijon and still only 25. He had some great games for us including that goal against Man City. He's definitely got some talent. Could and should we get him back?

Bryn - I was listening to 606 on 5 Live on the way home from Birmingham and a caller phoned in to say the Tractor Boys were booing him today because he’d been awful until he scored in injury time. We all know footie fans are fickle and once he scored he was hailed a hero. Cue Bersant throwing his top into the crowd.

Celina's talent was never in doubt, on his day he looked a cut above the Championship, sadly his "days" became fewer and fewer, wasted his skills because he lacked application and wasn't prepared to do the hard yards at Fairwood

I was sad when we sold him as it was another step on Cooper’s mission to coach out any flair or spontaneity to the God of Shape on the altar of gunt.

But his goals against Ipswich and City and one or two other moments aside he was often anonymous though obviously better under Potter, who indulged that sort of thing. We need better and Paterson in a similar role looks better so far, so no.

Bloody proper left wing back and everyone to stay fit is what we need.

Didn't apply himself. You can have all the talent and potential in the world but if you don't work hard it doesn't become fulfilled .......hence his inconsistency.
He looked moody as well which may have put teammates off him.

dickythorpe said:
Didn't apply himself. You can have all the talent and potential in the world but if you don't work hard it doesn't become fulfilled .......hence his inconsistency.
He looked moody as well which may have put teammates off him.

This exactly.

Not for me thank you. We need an upgrade at LWB and he’s not the answer. Bidwell isn’t the best but at least he gets up and down and tackles hard; the left flank yesterday without him was a bit of a mess.

Malvernjack said:
Not for me thank you. We need an upgrade at LWB and he’s not the answer. Bidwell isn’t the best but at least he gets up and down and tackles hard; the left flank yesterday without him was a bit of a mess.

Maybe we do need better but yesterday, I thought we missed Bidwell a lot. Latibaudiere is definitely not a left wingback and was quite poor so I really hope Bidwell is back against Peterborough and our attack is more balanced.

karnataka said:
Malvernjack said:

Maybe we do need better but yesterday, I thought we missed Bidwell a lot. Latibaudiere is definitely not a left wingback and was quite poor so I really hope Bidwell is back against Peterborough and our attack is more balanced.

Bidwell is not a WB however he is a solid pro, better than average in the air and is better defensively than going forward. I agree with you that he was missed yesterday but defenders push us down the left at the moment by shutting down Laird.Anyway my point is can anyone think of a pair of wingbacks for Jan window, i say pair because if we lose EL we are slow.

Celina would suit Martin's style more than Cooper but I'm not sure his attitude was great.

Celina will shine in a good side but his star is falling. Sadly becoming one of those that should have but didn’t do it.

His problems started a long time before he left when the the swans declined to take up an option on his brother. He was gone after that.

Pentyrchjack said:
Bryn - I was listening to 606 on 5 Live on the way home from Birmingham and a caller phoned in to say the Tractor Boys were booing him today because he’d been awful until he scored in injury time. We all know footie fans are fickle and once he scored he was hailed a hero. Cue Bersant throwing his top into the crowd.

I don’t think they were booing him, but he was very quiet. Came on as a sub and in traditional Celina fashion wasn’t in the game until he changed it.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back